PDA

View Full Version : Blue line Bizhub c350

Custom Search

Marku
10-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Hi. Blue line goes from lead edge to trail edge. This machine has a new Trans belt and Cyan drum unit. I cleaned the erase led's.
any tips on how to correct this?

Thank you.

habik
10-13-2011, 05:52 PM
I'd say clean the corona wire...with the blue stick that is within the IU, I know it sound silly as that is the first thing to do, but give it a try few times and make sure is seated back properly.

LED array if dirty it wouldn't transfer the beam properly and therefore it would show as faint/light blue or white line instead of blue.

Possibly faulty IU Drum.

minimerlin
10-13-2011, 07:48 PM
Are the paper tray guides centered? If need be you could offset them to mask the problem?

minimerlin
10-13-2011, 07:50 PM
Hi. Blue line goes from lead edge to trail edge. This machine has a new Trans belt and Cyan drum unit. I cleaned the erase led's.
any tips on how to correct this?

Thank you.Just to check, is the line at the top or bottomm of the paper or is it in the middle? If it is in the middle please ignore my last post!

EarthKmTech
10-13-2011, 09:58 PM
When the LED print heads go faulty you can see the specific colour make lines down the page or a reflected image of one side of the page concentrated in one section down the page if you know what i mean.

before spending a fortune on a new one, you can swap it with another colour one ie, the yellow or magenta to verify its at fault. Theres bound to be tons of second hand ones around anyway as these machines are all getting chucked out now.

habik
10-13-2011, 10:18 PM
When the LED print heads go faulty you can see the specific colour make lines down the page or a reflected image of one side of the page concentrated in one section down the page if you know what i mean.

before spending a fortune on a new one, you can swap it with another colour one ie, the yellow or magenta to verify its at fault. Theres bound to be tons of second hand ones around anyway as these machines are all getting chucked out now.

TRUE..Have one brand new LED array in stock...never used as it was ordered prior to finding of true fault in which the tech had not checked all the boxes I mentioned above first :)

PM me if you interested!

Marku
10-19-2011, 04:40 PM
Thanks for all the help. I swapped LED's and the problem persists. I ended up adjusting the Cyan charge setting from 0 (default) up to 5 and the line went away. So now i'm curious if the extra charge is going going to reduce drum life. Appears to be a temporary fix for now.

I'll be spending part of today working on major jamming issues.

Thanks again :)

Custom Search