PDA

View Full Version : samsung clx 3175 paper jam 1

Custom Search

printerman47
10-14-2011, 01:11 AM
what is the correct part number for the photo interrupter for the exit.
we bought one from our wholesaler, and it appears tiny bit larger than the OEM.
0604-001393 was the part number.

blackcat4866
10-14-2011, 03:17 AM
You've got the right number. the actual Photointerrupter has changed several times in the search for a better component. Don't be concerned if it looks a little different. IIRC the original sensor has a white connector. The most recent style has a black connector. =^..^=

printerman47
10-14-2011, 04:35 PM
sweet! thanks for the educate.:cool:

printerman47
10-23-2011, 07:10 PM
thanks for your help. we have to the OEM and replacement. the difference appears a black hood that covers over the top of the connector. It wont fit into the hole because of the black hood of 3175, we are going to dremel off the black hood (CAREFULLY)

blackcat4866
10-23-2011, 10:32 PM
If you had removed one of the screws retaining the ext assembly you could have raised the exit assy ~25mm, and installed the PI without modification. But you got it in there.
That's all that counts. =^..^=

printerman47
10-23-2011, 11:35 PM
ah, just a bit..that all it takes. lol
will check out the ext assy closer. thanks for your help.

familydean
02-22-2013, 04:18 PM
You've got the right number. the actual Photointerrupter has changed several times in the search for a better component. Don't be concerned if it looks a little different. IIRC the original sensor has a white connector. The most recent style has a black connector. =^..^=

I just replaced this sensor and reassembled, but now the printer is printing an all black page. I guess good news is there's no paper jam :) Any thoughts? Thank you in advance for your help.

JustManuals
02-22-2013, 05:12 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

blackcat4866
02-23-2013, 01:43 AM
I just replaced this sensor and reassembled, but now the printer is printing an all black page. I guess good news is there's no paper jam :) Any thoughts? Thank you in advance for your help.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you meant blank page not black page. Try this:

Blank prints & copies during service call. One of two plastic 40mm long levers has come detached from the base of the front door, and has fallen in the paper tray. This lever operates the laser shutter. Reinstall or replace the plastic lever.

=^..^=

familydean
02-23-2013, 07:53 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you meant blank page not black page. Try this:

Blank prints & copies during service call. One of two plastic 40mm long levers has come detached from the base of the front door, and has fallen in the paper tray. This lever operates the laser shutter. Reinstall or replace the plastic lever.

=^..^=

No really it's a "black" page like the page is full with black toner. Like it's not reading the image or something.

blackcat4866
02-24-2013, 01:17 AM
Does that include copies, prints, scans, internal reports?

If it affects only scans and copies, I have a vague recollection of getting black scans when I forgot to connect a 6-pin ribbon cable from the scanner to the controller board.
=^..^=

Custom Search