PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous New to the printer fixing business

Custom Search

newtechguy
10-14-2011, 09:49 PM
Hey guys, I'm a new hire and was just given the job of sorting out why the Konica Minolta c351 will not e-mail scans.

First thing I noticed is that it does e-mail scans to outside addresses, but not to our own business.

Also, I was told that this was a fairly messed up machine that was flashed with c250 firmware. It still works, but with some limitations.

If I could get this to email to our internal email addresses I would be a hero. Any advice would be fantastic.

mrwho
10-15-2011, 01:57 PM
My guess is that, if it sends mails to outside addresses, the machine itself is working fine. You've got either a configuration problem or a mail server issue.

Mr Spock
10-16-2011, 01:38 AM
Does it error out or just not deliver?
If it does not deliver then check spam filters and junk mail boxes.

Ianizer
10-16-2011, 02:51 AM
I second the possibility of a server config issue. If it scans to pop mail... Well, the device is doing what it's supposed to do...

As to the old C250 FW on the C351 trick, I'll promptly shut up if anyone can demonstrate (or coherently explain) to me how it can be done (under normal circumstances). Whatever magic K-M MFP boards conjure to identify usable FW checksums seems to be pretty effective... I don't doubt someone could have stuffed a C250 configured card in the hole (done that sort of thing myself with the obligatory pee dance while frantically deciding whether to pull the plug on the Western power grid, or let the drama unfold naturally)...
The C250 FW should simply be rejected by the C351 MFP-PWB as an unusable file, especially considering it's a different machine sub-class.

If you're unconvinced, you could just install the correct FW... I believe R6 is current.

-I

newtechguy
10-19-2011, 04:42 PM
Hey folks, I just wanted to say thanks. Your advice was invaluable and it actually got the problem solved!

Custom Search