PDA

View Full Version : i needc help with my 7040 konica copier

Custom Search

manlooking42
10-14-2011, 11:46 PM
my copier is reading error E-56-1 need to know what it means and how to fix it ty

mrwho
10-15-2011, 10:12 AM
DESCRIPTION: E56-01 at power up.

CAUSE: Image control communication abnormality. When the SW2 (sub power) is switched ON, the signal from the ICB (image control board) is not sent to the CB (control board) within 10 seconds.

SOLUTION: Reseat all the connectors on the CB, ICB, SCDB (scanner drive board), PRDB (printer drive board), the NVRAM and EPROMS. If the problem persists, check the ROM version of the ICB in the 25 mode. To check ROM version, perform the following:
1. Power OFF the copier with SW2 (sub power), leaving SW1 (main power) ON.
2. Access the 25 mode (switch SW2 ON while simultaneously pressing the 2 and 5 keys). The 25 mode menu screen appears.
3. Press [9. ROM version]. The ROM version display screen will appear.

Note: If ROM version data does not appear (allow approximately 5 to 10 seconds for the ICB ROM version data to populate on the LCD), replace the ICB (p/n 55GA-9020).

pepper38_cnd
10-15-2011, 02:36 PM
This old beast is known for throwing random errors if the front door inter lock switch goes bad or the T/S Carona arcs. First try eliminating the interlock switch by simply bypassing it with Jumpers on the switch terminals. Then try operating with the T/S carona removed. If neither of these offers any solution. Stop wasting your time it's time to upgrade. Because MrWho is correct and you have a Board Problem.

If you are for some sentimental reason attached to this old girl and don't want to give her up. Bite the bullet and pay a Tech to fix it. But if it's not one of the first two things I described it will not likely be cheap!

manlooking42
10-15-2011, 03:09 PM
This old beast is known for throwing random errors if the front door inter lock switch goes bad or the T/S Carona arcs. First try eliminating the interlock switch by simply bypassing it with Jumpers on the switch terminals. Then try operating with the T/S carona removed. If neither of these offers any solution. Stop wasting your time it's time to upgrade. Because MrWho is correct and you have a Board Problem.

If you are for some sentimental reason attached to this old girl and don't want to give her up. Bite the bullet and pay a Tech to fix it. But if it's not one of the first two things I described it will not likely be cheap!what is the t/s carona and where is it

mrwho
10-15-2011, 05:50 PM
what is the t/s carona and where is it

That's like an aspiring car mechanic asking what is the steering wheel and where is it?

Custom Search