PDA

View Full Version : Riso IS700C Weirdness

Custom Search

AKSturb01
10-16-2011, 04:45 AM
I have an HC5500 with an IS700c RIP that was working beautifully until recently. For what I use it for it's terrific.

Problem is that the RIP has become unbelivably slow. Sending even a single page job takes 5 minutes and after printing the RIP sits and flashes its lights for another 3-4 minutes before it's ready to accept the next job.

It boots fine, I attached a monitor and keyboard to it. However it seems to think that the printer/RIP combination has the RISO touch screen attached now.

I had to drop back to my PS7R-9000 RIP because the IS700c has become so slow.

Couple of questions:

1) When the network cable is in and the RIP is running, what color should the LED on the motherboard network port be? Mine is orange, and it blinks.
2) With a monitor and keyboard and mouse attached, how can I stop the RIP from entering the mode where it asks me to "click on the targets from a normal distance" on the screen. This printer/RIP have NEVER had a touchscreen attachment. I put a monitor on it tonight and for some reason it thinks it should have one.
3) Is there something I need to go into the Linux Debug boot mode to clear up? A big log file or something that has gotten out of control and consumed all the disk space, causing the RIP to die?
4) The RIP has become so slow that you cannot even use the internal webserver to administrate it over the network.

I'm talking not even being able to do a simple mailmerge from MS Word at any more than 3-4 pages per minute.

Apart from all of that, it works! When it has the page and successfully RIPs it, there are no problems - all the print options from the driver work as they should.

The problem is that it takes 5-8 minutes to get a page out of the machine. I know it is not the network because the PS7R-9000 is *instant* over the same swtich and network cable.

Any Riso IS700c gurus out there who can help me out with this thing? I really need to get it running the way it was.

zakirhusman
10-16-2011, 08:12 AM
Dear Sir, I wish I could help you, but i myself need help with a PS7R RIP or PS7R-9000 RIP for an HC5000 machine. Mine has stopped working and am searching night and day for someone to help me get a replacement RIP. Can you help direct me to somewhere that I can buy a working RIP for the HC5000?

slimslob
11-09-2022, 02:45 AM
I have an HC5500 with an IS700c RIP that was working beautifully until recently. For what I use it for it's terrific.

Problem is that the RIP has become unbelivably slow. Sending even a single page job takes 5 minutes and after printing the RIP sits and flashes its lights for another 3-4 minutes before it's ready to accept the next job.

It boots fine, I attached a monitor and keyboard to it. However it seems to think that the printer/RIP combination has the RISO touch screen attached now.

I had to drop back to my PS7R-9000 RIP because the IS700c has become so slow.

Couple of questions:

1) When the network cable is in and the RIP is running, what color should the LED on the motherboard network port be? Mine is orange, and it blinks.
2) With a monitor and keyboard and mouse attached, how can I stop the RIP from entering the mode where it asks me to "click on the targets from a normal distance" on the screen. This printer/RIP have NEVER had a touchscreen attachment. I put a monitor on it tonight and for some reason it thinks it should have one.
3) Is there something I need to go into the Linux Debug boot mode to clear up? A big log file or something that has gotten out of control and consumed all the disk space, causing the RIP to die?
4) The RIP has become so slow that you cannot even use the internal webserver to administrate it over the network.

I'm talking not even being able to do a simple mailmerge from MS Word at any more than 3-4 pages per minute.

Apart from all of that, it works! When it has the page and successfully RIPs it, there are no problems - all the print options from the driver work as they should.

The problem is that it takes 5-8 minutes to get a page out of the machine. I know it is not the network because the PS7R-9000 is *instant* over the same swtich and network cable.

Any Riso IS700c gurus out there who can help me out with this thing? I really need to get it running the way it was.

You have posted this in a place that most spammers use and old farts like me that like to report them. If you want Riso gurus to see it, you need to post it in the Digital Duplicators forum. All the Riso gurus are there. https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/digital-duplicators/

jimmoultan
11-09-2022, 12:59 PM
Riso weirdness is good to use but spammer can effect it badly so you need some attention unlike other tools. One survey can make the use of Riso safe and also can help to prevent it from other users. take a view on www.lowes.com survey (https://lowescomsurvey.online/).

Custom Search