PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C350 - Horizontal lines in non-image area

Custom Search

mmpstrong
10-17-2011, 08:22 PM
This C350 is printing cyan or magenta horizontal lines on all color copies in areas where there should not be any image at all

mo0651
10-17-2011, 09:06 PM
sounds like I U's, but not a lot of info to work with. Help us Help you! Scan a sample in. How old are parts?

mmpstrong
10-17-2011, 09:30 PM
sounds like I U's, but not a lot of info to work with. Help us Help you! Scan a sample in. How old are parts?

The lines are so light that they don't show up in the scan but they are visible to the naked eye. No warning message that the imaging units need to be replaced, but the unit life indicator status shows that both the cyan and magenta units need to be replaced. The yellow and black look to be new. I hadn't looked at that until now. Thanks for the input and I will start by replacing them.

Ianizer
10-18-2011, 05:10 PM
Hmm...

Are the lines very distinctly of each color, or a muddy, nasty mixed color sort of streaking smudge?

The reason I ask is because when I troubleshoot an issue with all colors, I tend to look closely at components common to all colors... Think about it: Did all of your IUs fail the same way at the same time? Mm... Maybe... Or do you have an issue with your Transfer Belt, Transfer Roller, or Fuser?

Hard to say. You'd have to know what you're looking at.

-I

Custom Search