PDA

View Full Version : Ep 4000 with jamming problem

Custom Search

axyun
10-18-2011, 05:41 AM
Upper cassette paper set up 81/2 x11R jams on belt bed just before fuser. The LCT paper is jamming and folding behind transfer/separation corona unit. After a while the top tray also jammed behind transfer corona. At one point the was a C0071 code which reset.
I understand there could be a toner motor type problem but would that cause jamming by TC unit or would that more likely be drum unit separation solenoid. Any help is very much appreciated. I have minimal experience on this machine. Frank/ActionPhotocopy

Hansoon
10-18-2011, 09:52 AM
Only thing coming to mind is separation wire in the TS corona. Never had any solenoids go bad on this machine.

Other things are the obvious such as vacuum filter and/or transport bed and belts being clean and functional.

Check the ramp before the fuser rollers if there are build ups.
Check the transport rollers if the bushing are gummed up.

C071 does not seem related to me at this point.

Hans

axyun
10-18-2011, 02:43 PM
Thanks Hans. Someone mentioned checking the toner hopper area ,motor , sensor, spring as related to C0071 and possible cause of jamming. I saw something about drum ground problem which might also cause this type of jamming. I will have to check more carefully when I return. Frank

Custom Search