PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta DI 450 fuser damaged and may need replacement

Custom Search

axyun
10-18-2011, 06:02 AM
Hands-on customer removed fuser unit to remove jam and said when lifted by handle the handle broke and fuser dropped to floor. Customer said unit was already getting jammed frequently . I examined and tried to reform exit guide as best i could. It sustained most damage as all bent out of shape and machine won't run reliably until either major overhaul on fuser or replacement. Groove in middle of upper roller, 2 upper pawls missing, web not too far from end.
Any advice as to good source for refurbished or lower priced new unit as these can be expensive. Is the fuser included in any kind of maintenance kit or just the parts for fuser? Your input is very much appreciated. Frank/ActionPhotocopy

Hansoon
10-18-2011, 09:51 AM
I think the only solution would be to get a junker.

If you need only the exit guide I could send one to you against postal charges only.

Surprised that the damage is so severe without the lamps being smashed.

There's a bulletin from Minolta BTW about the risk ripping that handle and the unit dropping. Can't blame the customer. It happens all the time.

Hans

axyun
10-18-2011, 02:40 PM
Thanks you Hans. Maybe just changing the fuser exit unit and the missing upper separator fingers would be enough. I really appreciate your offer of exit unit. It has all that soft metal and probably fell directly on that. I guess we are talking about the same thing. it swings in and out on 2 post screws. My address is :

Action Photocopy
1436 W 8th St.
Brooklyn,N.Y. 11204

I am Frank Concerto and I will arrange payment for shipment as you would like(paypal, credit card, check etc). I was surprised as well that lamps were not broken. I tried reforming unit as best I could and got some copies out but not reliable and jams often. Frank

Hansoon
10-18-2011, 05:36 PM
Frank I replied "overthere"
:)

Hans

Custom Search