PDA

View Full Version : Jamming C650 DF610 - 2 Sided Jams

Custom Search

darastafari
10-18-2011, 12:11 PM
I have a C650 with jam problems in the doc feeder. The original will jam in 2 sided mode, single side mode works flawlessly. On 2 sided mode the original will make it's first pass through and then jam as it is going back into the doc feeder to have the 2nd side scan. I have checked and have not found any obstructions in the paper path. The paper is not wrinkling or tearing, it just comes to a complete stop as soon as the doc feeder tries to take the paper back in. If you go into service mode, under adf and run the paper passage test the paper runs through fine on the 2 sided mode. The machine is logging a J6601 jam code. Has anyone ever come across this issue?Thanks!

mo0651
10-18-2011, 02:28 PM
Check the tension on the doc feed motors. we had one loosen up.

Ianizer
10-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Mechanical jamming... Could be any of probably a hundred things...

But. I have had the little black exit gate break.

Hth.
-I

CompyTech
10-19-2011, 12:58 AM
This family of ADFs can be a pain when they are having problems. I have some that will pull multiples thru etc... I would look at the height adjustment, its in the installation guide. There are little protrusions on the bottom of ADF. You have to make sure they are completely flat against the machine. As strange as this sounds I have seen it fix jams like that. There was a bulletin out on those DFs about a year or more ago, that had a troubleshooting guide. Also if it is jamming on duplex, I would (even though you may have looked already) look at the rev./exit rollers under the tray. There are little mylar tabs over each of those rollers. If they are there, rip em out. The new models don't have them. Because paper catches there. In fact older DFs did not have em either. Good luck. :)

Custom Search