PDA

View Full Version : KM 3060 J00 errors

Custom Search

Kidaver
10-18-2011, 08:40 PM
I have a km 3060 at a bank that is having numerous J00 codes. Updated Firmware. From 10-12 to 10-18 I had a total of 6 of them in 490 pages. I can not get the machine to throw a code while I am there. There is construction going on outside the building. I think they are drawing so much power it's causing this machine to reboot in the middle of a job. I haven't been able to see this or confirm it. I am suggesting they move to another outlet for testing, but I'm posting this to see if maybe someone else has had a similar problem and I'm going off in the wrong direction.

just a tech
10-18-2011, 09:57 PM
If they have a lot of things that are on the same circuit as the one that the copier is on, you may be experiencing an issue as you suspect.. I have seen problems in the field caused by "voltage drop" situations when there is a lot on the same circuit or other issues with electrical wiring.. Meaning, that while machine is running and recieving 120 volts, the actual voltage incoming may be less when a load is applied to the line.. Normally I shoot for 4% voltage drop or less.. Which is 115 volts under a load..

Also, if ya suspect power issues, ya may want to check your power at the outlet for voltage from neutral to ground.. If it is more than 1 volt, it can cause problems as well..
My techs and I use a "sure test" analyzer when troubleshooting issues like this when we think it may be power related.. But the power checks can also be performed by volt meter as well..
Good Luck,

Custom Search