PDA

View Full Version : Scan to email works like a charm, except for PDF

Custom Search

newtechguy
10-19-2011, 04:49 PM
So I (with a lot of help from you guys) recently got my office's Bizhub c351 to scan to email, but the one remaining problem is that we can't get it to scan all pages to one file. I understand that on a traditional c351 the setting is to the right of the file type button, but my printer still has c250 firmware. So if anybody knows where this setting was on a c250, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

GareyP
10-19-2011, 05:04 PM
If I'm not mistaken, don't you need the HDD installed to have that option? If you have it, then make sure it's turned on in the service mode.

newtechguy
10-19-2011, 05:18 PM
If I'm not mistaken, don't you need the HDD installed to have that option? If you have it, then make sure it's turned on in the service mode.

That makes a lot of sense, but I'm not sure how to tell if there is an HDD installed. I have yet to actually open the machine up, so if I have to do that then so be it, but if there's a screen I can go to that would do the same thing I'd like that option more.

lurker53
10-19-2011, 05:31 PM
Some of the used machines we receive have a factory reset applied to them that clears out service mode settings like the HDD.

You just need to get in service mode and toggle the HDD setting to Installed.

GareyP
10-19-2011, 05:37 PM
Right. It's in the system 2 tab. Sorry doing this from memory. Sitting in Boston,MA traffic.

newtechguy
10-19-2011, 06:04 PM
Right. It's in the system 2 tab. Sorry doing this from memory. Sitting in Boston,MA traffic.

Thanks again, but I can't seem to find the system 2 tab. And dude, my question can wait until you are no longer driving.

mervyn
10-19-2011, 06:44 PM
If its not a stupid question , why have you got C250 firmware installed on a C351 ? Why not upgrade the firmware to the proper type ?

newtechguy
10-19-2011, 06:51 PM
If its not a stupid question , why have you got C250 firmware installed on a C351 ? Why not upgrade the firmware to the proper type ?

Not stupid at all. I wonder the same thing all the time. Here's the deal, I just got this job and was told that when we purchased the printer it was already flashed with the c250 firmware. I don't have the expertise to flash new firmware (yet, I hope to some day) and the supervisor is afraid to do it. So I'm trying to work around this issue for the time being.

What I fear is that there is an HDD installed, but it's not accessible because of the firmware issue.

mervyn
10-19-2011, 06:57 PM
If you go onto kmbs tech website and solutions database , you will find the procedure to flash firmware . The firmware imaging tool is there and all you need is a 128mb cf card and a card writer . It isnt that difficult and will resolve your issues.

Custom Search