PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous warning message time adjustment not sucessful

Custom Search

tekkie
10-19-2011, 07:40 PM
I have a KonicaMinolta bizhub c280 colour machine every so often the top indicator light above the blue print indicator turns orange and a message is displayed on the ops panel it says CAUTION TIME ADJUST WAS NOT SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED the light stays orange and the message remains constantly until the copier is powered down completely.On power up it is ok for a couple of monutes and same thing happens.The machine is not affected at all everything works copy print etc all ok.Any ideas on what this message means and how to disable it or stop it appearing would be most helpful

RRodgers
10-19-2011, 08:02 PM
Its trying to reach out to a time server on the web to get the proper time. Just shut that feature off. I think its in admin mode under network settings.

SmellsHot
10-25-2011, 03:25 PM
Yep, what he said. I just had this issue a few weeks ago. In Admin, Network, Detail, Time adjustment setting

KMnyafayce
10-26-2011, 10:52 AM
Its trying to reach out to a time server on the web to get the proper time. Just shut that feature off. I think its in admin mode under network settings.

I have a customer with about 80 machines all setup to use their time server so i have seen this message A LOT! Admin mode> Network Settings> page 2> Detail Settings> Network Time Adjustment. You can turn it off there.

It's turned off by default so there should be a reason why they turned it on. If it is trying to get it from an external server (off of the company's intranet), you might want to verify DNS settings before you turn it off because the customer might not want you to turn it off. You can use the ping command to verify these dns settings by inputting the time server's address in it.

Custom Search