PDA

View Full Version : C350 Xeroxing/copying blackout/bleed problem

Custom Search

Laylaruth
10-20-2011, 08:20 PM
I recently purchased a C350 and had a KM maintenance tech look it over. Currently when it copies or Xeroxes, the bottom 3rd of the page is somewhat blacked-out. I was told I will have to order a new yellow imaging unit, and also have the transfer belt replaced. After reading up on some of the other issues people have had re: C350's and the advice they received, I'm not 100% sure the advice I received is quite necessary.

Here's a little synopsis:

1. When I got it I tried copying and Xeroxing and the pages came out partially blacked out (jpeg)

2. I checked the life on the consumables and the transfer belt is almost at empty (does that refer to the quality of the belt or the fuse???)

3. Had a guy come through and suggested the Yellow imaging unit was bad (he ran the graduation color sheet for them all and said yellow was bleeding) (jpegs -5)

4. Also suggested a new transfer belt

5. I noticed the yellow toner cartridge isn't the same as the others and I asked if that could be an issue he said "more-than-likely not" (read somewhere on here the clear toners are knockoffs could be problematic)

So now I've been reading around here and wanted to know if there are any suggestions in remedying the problem before I go and pay $$$ to replace parts. Also, know that I am a MAJOR DIYer, unashamedly. I have examined the machine and am comfortable removing/replacing customer replaceable parts and some requiring a little extra effort

If anyone can help, direct me and I will follow instruction

Please & Thanks!
Es.

mrwho
10-20-2011, 10:01 PM
The internal prints come out okay? Check the exposure light on the scanner - does it light up entirely? Check the mirrors also. Seems to me that you've got a scanner problem.

Laylaruth
10-20-2011, 10:29 PM
I haven't been able to hook it up to the network yet so I haven't been able to send a direct print but the lamp is perfect, it lights up all the way and detects the page size perfectly. As for the mirrors, are they the ones near where the IU's sit, like to the right and under them? If so, I did clean them with the tool, still the same

mrwho
10-20-2011, 10:44 PM
I haven't been able to hook it up to the network yet so I haven't been able to send a direct print but the lamp is perfect, it lights up all the way and detects the page size perfectly. As for the mirrors, are they the ones near where the IU's sit, like to the right and under them? If so, I did clean them with the tool, still the same

Enter utility, and look around, you'll be able to print a demo page, a PCL font listing or something like that. Does it come out okay?

Also, do you have an original feeder? If so, do the copies from the feeder exhibit the same pattern than the copies from the exposure glass?

Also, make an enlarged (200%) and reduced (50%) copy off the glass. What's the outcome?

Laylaruth
10-20-2011, 11:02 PM
you know you're right because the color graduations are direct prints and I printed out the "Life Check" page and they both were fine it only does that when using the glass whether through the feeder or directly placed on the glass so its probably something with the scanner like you said....but what could it be since the light is full?

Laylaruth
10-20-2011, 11:03 PM
also, what were you saying about the mirrors?

mrwho
10-20-2011, 11:22 PM
also, what were you saying about the mirrors?

The mirrors inside the scanner, that move along with the lamp. Either you've got a dislodged mirror or there's something wrong with the CCDs.

SPBE
10-22-2011, 03:29 AM
How can you Xerox using a KM? ;)

mrwho
10-22-2011, 08:48 AM
How can you Xerox using a KM? ;)

Xeroxing is the name given to the chemical process of creating a copy using dry ink.

Laylaruth
11-04-2011, 10:53 PM
Thanks guys you all were right on, we checked the mirrors and they are fine but my ccd is being replaced...........glad I came here instead of letting someone run up a bill replacing things that weren't the problem.:)

mrwho
11-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Nice. How did you test the CCDs?

Laylaruth
11-06-2011, 04:46 PM
We just tried resetting it by unplugging it but the problem got a little worse.

mrwho
11-06-2011, 11:49 PM
Did you actually take a good look at the mirrors and the CCDs? Maybe take the cage on top of the CCDs off and see if something is blocking them?

Albonline
11-07-2011, 04:18 PM
also look very closly at the 1st thru 3rd mirrors and their frames. they can be out enough to make it seem to be the ccd.

pepper38_cnd
11-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Open and close the ADF, does an oil can appear at the bottom of your screen? Touch it and a code should be displayed probably an S1 ? Also if your CCD is bad the gradation adjustment should fail on the first try.

Custom Search