PDA

View Full Version : Jamming FS-608 attached to bizhub C550 Strange Paper Jam

Custom Search

MFPs R Now PCs
10-21-2011, 06:03 PM
We have a Konica Minolta bizhub C550 with the saddle stitch finisher FS-608 attached. Everything was working fine for 3 months. Then, it only jams when trying to run 8.5" x 11" individually, one sheet at a time, short edge first (SEF), no stapling and fold it into a booklet. The jam code is 7224. The paper, after about 5-10 sheets, will just sit high and not drop down to the folding position. It’s never caught or pinched on anything, it’s almost like a static cling jam. We have cleaned sensors, tires, rollers and everything “appears” to be operating as it should (motors, solenoids and such).

Here is the catch.
You can run 11” x 17” individually, one sheet at a time, SEF, no stapling and fold it into a booklet all day long!
You can run two or more stapled 8.5” x 11” sheets, SEF and fold it into a booklet all day long!

RRodgers
10-21-2011, 06:52 PM
Latest firmware?

jackson
10-26-2011, 05:52 AM
I've have noticed a static build up in some folding units, if you put a meter from main body to folding unit anything below 12-15 ohms seems ok, mostly find 35 ohms plus a problem, ensure you make yourself a good earth. And it does pay to thoroughly clean the folding rollers as any slippage causes those jams.....Good luck

methogod
07-29-2013, 09:13 AM
having the same issue, i only use the C550/C650 for light printing, nothing heavy.

Had 100 8 pages booklets, i would say medium coverage...

24# navigator 8.5x11 SEF.

will run 1-3 sets then jam.

Looks like its the 2nd page is getting stuck due to static as mentioned above.

How do you fix this? all consumables are like new....

also i have never had to use a meter to measure static charge, also is this the charge while running or after the jam.

thanks,

westvandude
11-27-2013, 06:14 PM
After getting our C550 used with the FS-608 a couple months ago we've run hundreds of 32 page 11x17 stapled folded booklets no problem. Go to do a Z-fold on 8.5x11 20lb or 24lb and it prints fine, goes into finisher, does first fold, then second fold or top edge gets all wrinkled up looks like 3-4 attempted folds on that last 1/3 of the page. It jams up between the big lower grey rubber roller. If you pull down on the paper jam thingy on the lower output side of that big roller you can pull the paper out with a little effort. Not sure what's going on.

Mine shows about 6 ohms between main body and the pull out folding section. Advisable to throw an extra ground wire between the two?

westvandude
11-27-2013, 06:23 PM
Ran a separate gnd wire between the two.... now have zero ohms. But didn't fix my z-fold jam. LOL

Custom Search