PDA

View Full Version : C6500 error code 2801 won't go away.

Custom Search

jdichter
10-22-2011, 09:01 PM
Hey everyone,

We have a little issue and we've gone through all the posts as we could find but we're lost.

Yesterday, we replaced the fuser belt and the transfer belt and all transfer rollers on our system. It printed a few pages which looked like there was blood running down the top. Okay pink blood but you get the picture.

When we turned on the machine today we had a few error codes that we cleared by cleaning the sensors thoroughly.

We still have error code C-2801 that will not go away.

We have done the following:
swapped toner density sensors.
swapped the drums
put toner directly into the yellow developer
automatic gamma adjustment values are 312.5 for all colours with message (error 2) on all. No matter what what we do it will not complete the cycle.

Anyone have any suggestions?

btw I've posted a few messages before and I want to thank everyone for your insight, it's been a huge help.

Thank you,

James

RRodgers
10-22-2011, 11:01 PM
Maybe this since you said you've had your hands in there.

Possible malfunction or incorrect assembly of the first transfer pressure release cam.
Run the halftone test pattern (#53) for C, M, Y, in the Tech Rep mode (Copy screen, Full Color). If the output is blank, check the position of the first transfer roller (Y, M, C) pressure release cam. With the transfer belt unit assembly out of the machine, the rollers should not be engaged outward, pressing against the belt with the cam in home position. If they are, remove the cam, push the positioning pin to the opposite side and reassemble the cam. The function of the pressure release motor (M19) can be tested for proper operation in the I/O output mode:
SPECIAL NOTE: Solution contribution by Freddie Burnham, Production Print/SSD

2. ... shortly after power ON.
Failed HV/2.
Reseat CN736 on the PRCB and CN737, CN738 and CN739 on HV/2. Replace HV/2 (p/n A03U M404 00) as necessary.
SPECIAL NOTE: Solution contribution by Ted Young, Production Print/SSD

henrylargaespada
10-23-2011, 03:40 AM
Hey everyone,

We have a little issue and we've gone through all the posts as we could find but we're lost.

Yesterday, we replaced the fuser belt and the transfer belt and all transfer rollers on our system. It printed a few pages which looked like there was blood running down the top. Okay pink blood but you get the picture.

When we turned on the machine today we had a few error codes that we cleared by cleaning the sensors thoroughly.

We still have error code C-2801 that will not go away.

We have done the following:
swapped toner density sensors.
swapped the drums
put toner directly into the yellow developer
automatic gamma adjustment values are 312.5 for all colours with message (error 2) on all. No matter what what we do it will not complete the cycle.

Anyone have any suggestions?

btw I've posted a few messages before and I want to thank everyone for your insight, it's been a huge help.

Thank you,

JamesSOLUTION: Remove the transfer belt unit and then remove the transfer belt. Verify all first image transfer rollers (p/n A03U 5012 00)are properly seated in
their respective holders,Thetransfer roller in the transfer belt assembly has become dislodged.

maccenterpc
10-24-2011, 03:20 PM
as mentioned above by our friend:

I just have one suggestion:

Check the yellow first transfer roller inside the transfer belt.

Any problem in this part.

Custom Search