PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous biz hub pro c5501 counters—request for information

Custom Search

caxton
10-23-2011, 06:41 PM
I am trying to understand the significance of each counter on a biz hub pro c5501c.
The user manual just names them but doesn’t say what each does, how they relate, and by how many each counter advances when a piece is processed.

For example does a full color count advance the counter four times (CMYK) or three (CMY) and black (K) one to make four. Or perhaps something different?

The explanations differ depending on which rep I ask.

So far I’ve figured the out the following:

Total count = single color count + full color count + black count

and

Copy total count = total count - printer total count

It would be really helpful if someone could explain what each of the following terms mean.

single color count
full color count
black count
printer total count

Grateful for any help and advice.
Caxton

richd
10-23-2011, 07:28 PM
For example does a full color count advance the counter four times (CMYK) or three (CMY) and black (K) one to make four. Or perhaps something different?

So far I’ve figured the out the following:

Total count = single color count + full color count + black count

and

Copy total count = total count - printer total

single color count
full color count
black count
printer total count

The counts or clicks are based on page size not development rotations. Most are set to single click, which means if a SRA3 sheet is printed single sided it will count 1 click. Double sided would be 2 clicks.
As default the mc is set to double click for A3 or bigger so ask your tech.

Single colour count is a feature where you can substitute all colours for a single colour.

Full colour count is the counter for ... full colour prints and 4 process black prints.

Black count is for black or k prints only.

Printer total count is the total prints done in colour and black.

Hope this makes sense.

caxton
10-24-2011, 11:54 AM
Richd—thank you for taking the time out to reply to my query. Much appreciated.

Armed with this information I'll have another go at interpretating the counters.

Could I ask a further favour?

Could you please explain further what you mean by the following

Single colour count is a feature where you can substitute all colours for a single colour.

Does this counter record that a print was made solely in C, or solely in M, or solely in Y, or solely in K?

Again thank you for your support and help.

Best wishes

Caxton

maccenterpc
10-24-2011, 02:33 PM
about color, only black or color.
does not make separate colors.

richd
10-24-2011, 05:29 PM
Hi,

The best way to describe this is .... if you goto the copy screen and where you select whether your making a black copy or full colour, there is also an option for single colour and here you can select a single listed colour.
This is what that counter counts and nothing else ! !

caxton
10-26-2011, 01:03 PM
Richd,

Thank you once again for your support and help.

I've done what you suggest-looked at the screen-and all become clear.

Once again thank you for your help.

Caxton

Custom Search