PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C6500 scanner Calibration on copier side

Custom Search

jemsovic
10-25-2011, 05:01 PM
how to calibrate scanner copier side I know thru fiery but thats only for print side I need calibrate copy side I get to dark mid tone an colors are bit of to magenta. I tried it but get error 3 what do I have to have to be albe to do it. Thanks

Gort
10-26-2011, 05:55 AM
The CCD is calibrated at the factory, it is not recommended to re-calibrate the CCD settings.
As I recall the test pattern should be printed on A3 size paper 100% bright.
The default copy color settings can be adjusted to correct for your magenta quality issue.
Make sure the "Printer Gamma Adjustment" is done before changing copy quality adjustments.

jemsovic
10-26-2011, 10:11 AM
I know it's factory calibrated but I need to do recalibration how can I get test patern required for scan. Thanks

RRodgers
10-26-2011, 01:18 PM
how to calibrate scanner copier side I know thru fiery but thats only for print side I need calibrate copy side I get to dark mid tone an colors are bit of to magenta. I tried it but get error 3 what do I have to have to be albe to do it. Thanks

Did you do the printer gamma adjustments?

jemsovic
10-26-2011, 06:06 PM
Did you do the printer gamma adjustments?

Yes I have but it does not help in copy mode print is fine.

RRodgers
10-27-2011, 01:36 AM
Yes I have but it does not help in copy mode print is fine.

Yes it does help with copy mode as that is what you are adjusting. Because Konica techs know that the printer gamma adjustment refers to the adjust if the the print engine. Not the printing (say off the Fiery although it will effect that as well if not done right)

Once again people, if you are not a tech then get one. If you need a color tech get a good color tech. Color copiers are not something that you can "play with" and expect a good result if you don't know what you are doing.

jemsovic
10-27-2011, 08:40 AM
Yes it does help with copy mode as that is what you are adjusting. Because Konica techs know that the printer gamma adjustment refers to the adjust if the the print engine. Not the printing (say off the Fiery although it will effect that as well if not done right)

Once again people, if you are not a tech then get one. If you need a color tech get a good color tech. Color copiers are not something that you can "play with" and expect a good result if you don't know what you are doing.

I have service contract but they have never had enough knowlage or efort to make it copy exelent

so regarding you coment obout tech I have but moustly for hardware part cleaning and part replacement. If your are willing to share some of your knowlage please do, if not thank anyway. sory for bad english.

dagoof
10-27-2011, 02:31 PM
I don't know RR - I'm having a similar problem as Jemsovic and because of geographical location I can't get hold of a good tech either, a couple I've paid on an hourly basis have been useless (I knew more about the machines than they did, and that's not saying much!). You only need to read these forums to realise there's a lot of techs out there that still have a lot to learn. But surely there's nothing wrong with anyone coming on here who wants to learn and doesn't mind putting the effort in?

RRodgers
10-27-2011, 03:22 PM
So what you are saying is, you are willing for the techs to come learn on your machine and pay them? I'll be right over. BTW I get $189 an hour. I always wanted to take the laser's out and play with them. I'm sure I can get them to do some sweet stuff. Course I probably won't put them back in correctly and I'll probably forget to put several screw's back in.

Sorry you are in a bad area with even worse techs. Mose techs can install parts but this line of work has moved away from doing just that. After that part is replace there are counters to be reset and adjustments to be run. The days of parts monkey's are quickly leaving us. I feel bad for the older guys (the one's that have been doing this a long time) the one's that don't wanna learn the new stuff because they are holding themself's back from moving forward.

Have you ever seen a training room machine, they are pretty "raped"

RRodgers
10-27-2011, 03:28 PM
I have service contract but they have never had enough knowlage or efort to make it copy exelent

so regarding you coment obout tech I have but moustly for hardware part cleaning and part replacement. If your are willing to share some of your knowlage please do, if not thank anyway. sory for bad english.

If you are paying these guys via contract then hold there feet to the fire and demand that it works properly. Course, it's not an offset press but it should run well. If they do not know what they are doing, demand that they (on there dime of course which is really your dime) bring someone in to help them. If they are a dealer they can bring in the manufacturer to help them, they have reps that do that all the time. Back when I first started doing color we have had the rep come out and give me some pointers.

I've been doing color for about 11~12 years now. It is a LONG LONG road to aquire the knowledge I've collected over the years but I can't tell you how many times I've gone out on a color call only to have the customer tell me, "I can tell within 5 mins you know more about color than the last 3 other techs we've had here" It's a great feeling. It's an even better feeling when the customer is happy and there machine works well and they sign my invoice.

If you are looking for free info remember, you get what you pay for.

dagoof
10-27-2011, 04:05 PM
So what you are saying is, you are willing for the techs to come learn on your machine and pay them? I'll be right over. BTW I get $189 an hour. I always wanted to take the laser's out and play with them. I'm sure I can get them to do some sweet stuff. Course I probably won't put them back in correctly and I'll probably forget to put several screw's back in.

No, that's not what I'm saying, I'm saying that I have paid for techs thinking I'm getting a qualified professional such as yourself, only for them to pull out manuals and start reading through them on my 'dime', leaving without having sorted a thing! Or saying 'I'll ask a colleague and get back to you' etc. These are problems I've later resolved myself, with the aid of some helpful people on here. So it turns out I have paid for them to learn...but I wasn't willing!

Believe me, if you (or a handful of helpful others on this board) were near me I'd jump at the chance - I even posted a couple of weeks back requesting a tech in my area. Don't see the need for the sarky response either ;)

RRodgers
10-28-2011, 02:34 PM
No, that's not what I'm saying, I'm saying that I have paid for techs thinking I'm getting a qualified professional such as yourself, only for them to pull out manuals and start reading through them on my 'dime', leaving without having sorted a thing! Or saying 'I'll ask a colleague and get back to you' etc. These are problems I've later resolved myself, with the aid of some helpful people on here. So it turns out I have paid for them to learn...but I wasn't willing!

Believe me, if you (or a handful of helpful others on this board) were near me I'd jump at the chance - I even posted a couple of weeks back requesting a tech in my area. Don't see the need for the sarky response either ;)

I am sorry to hear of your woah's then.
And you are right, I was probably a little "snarky" with my responce. That was born not of you and honestly not really pointed at you but mostly pointed at mostly the "people" we get on here with there CONSTANT "I need manuals, I need firmware". Those guys drive me nuts.

dagoof
10-28-2011, 03:51 PM
Yeah, that's a fair point!

Custom Search