PDA

View Full Version : Konica 8031

Custom Search

Sorry
10-10-2007, 02:36 PM
Customer bought one of these used and it is not something I have ever worked on. I have tried to help her find someone to service it but have had no luck and have been told consistently that this machine is a piece of junk and breaks down constantly. Has anyone dealt with this machine on a regular basis? How many copies can she expect to get from it in between needing service on it?

The manual claims it is supposed to be a machine that does not need a service agreement because it is so user friendly so she was thinking about trying to use it on her own but I am not sure how much help I can over her and want to be upfront with her on it. It currently has about 120K copies on it - supposedly rated for 50K a month.

Thanks

Luther
10-10-2007, 06:20 PM
Its not that it is so user friendly more so that the customer can change the drums,fuser and transfer belt themselves it is the same machine as the minolta 3102,not a bad box and 120k is not a lot but expect to pay around $400 for the color drums and the same for the transfer belt, the color drums last 50k and the black 80k if you get the chips reset you could get more life out of them but if your not familiar with color or this machine find someone to service it she will need it, been doing this since 80 and never heard of a machine that didnt or shouldnt have a contract ecpecially one bought used and not knowing what kind of service it has had, good luck

random
10-11-2007, 07:57 AM
At 120k it is a spring chicken. As far as user friendly yes the previous post is correct virtually all the parts that wear out are customer replaceable. But when the start to jam they can be pretty painful.

Usually feed tyres and new paper exit sensor for the fuser will fix this.

wagon
10-11-2007, 09:06 AM
The only thing really wrong with the 8031 is the Konica badge. The Minolta version is/was a good machine so by extension the Konica version is good too. Keep it clean, give it some love and it will be good. I have seen these boxes with upwards of a million copies and they still give reliable service.

Custom Search