PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Belt C253

Custom Search

The-Peanut
10-27-2011, 04:12 PM
Konica Minolta C253

I've had a scan through the boards and noticed a few posts in the past relating to changing the fuse on a transfer belt

i've had two machines lately asking for transfer belts.

When we stripped the cover and remove the fuse we found it was a 80ma quick blow fuse, so we replaced it with the same fuse, however when we have re inserted the transfer belt, the machine comes up with an error code of C2451.

we put the old fuse back in and the machine carry's on asking for a new transfer belt.

as anyone else had this problem, that can help, please lmk

cheers

John

habik
10-27-2011, 05:21 PM
Konica Minolta C253

I've had a scan through the boards and noticed a few posts in the past relating to changing the fuse on a transfer belt

i've had two machines lately asking for transfer belts.

When we stripped the cover and remove the fuse we found it was a 80ma quick blow fuse, so we replaced it with the same fuse, however when we have re inserted the transfer belt, the machine comes up with an error code of C2451.

we put the old fuse back in and the machine carry's on asking for a new transfer belt.

as anyone else had this problem, that can help, please lmk

cheers

John

Try it again. I have used 160mA fuse the solder-on type and it worked every time.

The-Peanut
10-27-2011, 05:34 PM
i have a 62ma for the fuser's (green) thats a solder on type, i wonder if thats any good?

empiru
10-27-2011, 05:36 PM
It's not the first time that I hear about this problem - personally, never had it; the only thing I might be doing differently from others is that I turn off the machine, then pull out the transfer belt, replace the fuse, put the unit back in and then turn on the machine... I'm thinking it could make a difference..

The-Peanut
10-28-2011, 08:53 AM
i've tried every way possible lol, even tried standing on my head, but even that does not work

quite simply switch the machine off, remove the transfer belt, replace the fuse, rebuild, switch on and i get C2451

its on both machines, i am wondering wether or not the fuse is not quick enough blow, so to speak,

kingarthur
10-28-2011, 08:56 AM
I've had this a couple of times...i think its cos the contacts that hold the fuse in aren't making contact with the contacts on the m/c...when i fit the fuse & put the black cover on, i get a small flat bladed jewellers screwdriver & "lift" the contacts out slightly....ensuring that contact is made when the transfer belt goes back in

pepper38_cnd
10-28-2011, 11:46 AM
You are getting the error because your fuse didn't blow. I have seen this on new OEM belts as well. The counter resets but the fuse doesn't blow so you get the error. Just take the fuse out and life goes on.

Darren King
10-28-2011, 02:04 PM
Install the new optimization firmware and you will never have to replace a fuse again
Darren

The-Peanut
10-29-2011, 11:39 AM
Install the new optimization firmware and you will never have to replace a fuse again
Darren

thanks i'll look into that ;)

The-Peanut
11-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Ok I searched the Internet and found 5 different manufactures for the 80ma fuse

I figured that the timing for the fuse to blow may be the issue, anyway they arrived today

And I found one type That worked, others may work also but I never went any further.

Please note that they are all 80ma fuses, all fast blow but made by different manufactures

Custom Search