PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Di 5510

Custom Search

pjdbm
10-30-2011, 06:30 AM
I got this machine that is buckling the paper bad doing two sided ledger and legal. With Ledger the machine will jam a lot as paper comes up and out of the duplex unit. The buckling and sometimes z fold is constant on all Ledger sheets. When the paper does make it out of the machine it looks like it was an accordion that got pressed through the fuser but the copy still is unuseable because of all the buckles in it.

machine runs fine in normal copy mode so its only when using duplex.

I took a look at the coupling in duplex unit (right side as paper comes up) everything looks normal. I cleaned the duplex rollers and sensor. there are weird impressions on the paper when it does this.

Is there anything common to go on this? customer says it started out as an intermittent crease and then it developed into this wavy/buckle copy.

minimerlin
10-30-2011, 03:29 PM
I got this machine that is buckling the paper bad doing two sided ledger and legal. With Ledger the machine will jam a lot as paper comes up and out of the duplex unit. The buckling and sometimes z fold is constant on all Ledger sheets. When the paper does make it out of the machine it looks like it was an accordion that got pressed through the fuser but the copy still is unuseable because of all the buckles in it.

machine runs fine in normal copy mode so its only when using duplex.

I took a look at the coupling in duplex unit (right side as paper comes up) everything looks normal. I cleaned the duplex rollers and sensor. there are weird impressions on the paper when it does this.

Is there anything common to go on this? customer says it started out as an intermittent crease and then it developed into this wavy/buckle copy.Have you checked/replaced the ant-curl roller? It is the spongy one just to the exit side of the fuser. It goes soft and can cause what you seem to be getting!

pjdbm
10-30-2011, 04:29 PM
I saw that roller,keep in mind this is the only Konica I have in the field,I service Canon/Sharp/Kyocera

That roller is only used in duplex? this item
ANTI CURL ROLLER ASSEMBLY

OEM: 4011-5712-03

The roller looked worn at the both ends only, no flat spots or gauges on it.

Luther
10-30-2011, 05:07 PM
Try selecting face up copies and run legal ( running sets or duplex will run copies face down) if it is fine running face up then the decurler roller is bad since it uses the roller for duplex and face down copies

minimerlin
10-30-2011, 06:28 PM
I saw that roller,keep in mind this is the only Konica I have in the field,I service Canon/Sharp/Kyocera

That roller is only used in duplex? this item
ANTI CURL ROLLER ASSEMBLY

OEM: 4011-5712-03

The roller looked worn at the both ends only, no flat spots or gauges on it.Thats the beast..a new one feels quite different to a worn soft one! If it has done over 250k then change it!

pjdbm
10-30-2011, 08:22 PM
If it has done over 250k then change it!

I have been servicing the machine since 2 mil and it now has over 4 mil on it and it was never changed :eek:

I will be ordering that roller thanks

brent
10-31-2011, 11:03 PM
I change that roller and the one rubber one next to it. plus the 2 one way bearing gears. I don't know how you could get 2 million on those one ways still working...

brent

pjdbm
11-08-2011, 07:14 PM
ok,this call is complete.

It was the foam roller and I also relaced the two one way gears in the front of fuser.

Thank you

Custom Search