PDA

View Full Version : Error Code bizhub 6501 error code C-4840

Custom Search

eifling
10-31-2011, 05:35 PM
Machine runs 5 to 6 sheets then errors with error code C-4840. When i get the jammed paper out i find that on the sheet it jams on it prints half way down the sheet instead of starting at the head of the sheet like it should.
Anyone have any experience with this? First time I have came across this code.

Service manual says its caused by the printer control program.

mrwho
10-31-2011, 05:51 PM
The only info I have on that (and only on the C6500) is to flash the latest firmware first and, if that doesn't solve it, to replace the MCB.

Never had it myself. Let us know what you find out.

eifling
10-31-2011, 09:13 PM
That seems to have been it. Firmware was all current but I flashed it anyways. 1000 sheets in and it seems fine. Thanks for the help. Waiting a couple of days for our tech to show up was not going to be any fun.

mrwho
10-31-2011, 09:31 PM
Good to know. Thanks for the feedback!

Have a nice halloween!

maccenterpc
11-01-2011, 11:32 AM
Machine runs 5 to 6 sheets then errors with error code C-4840. When i get the jammed paper out i find that on the sheet it jams on it prints half way down the sheet instead of starting at the head of the sheet like it should.
Anyone have any experience with this? First time I have came across this code.

Service manual says its caused by the printer control program.

Solution
PROBABLE CAUSES:1. Firmware update required.Please ensure that the latestfirmware version is installed. The latest version of firmware, system software or print drivers is available via the Konica MinoltaDownload Selector. Access the Selector from SSD Web Support (CS Expert Support) by clicking on 'Download MSDS, Drivers, Firmware and more'.Note : If the problem occurs while usingan SD-501 (bizhub PRO C6500/C6500P only), install mimimum version 30-GCD for the Saddle Stitcher. AC-4840code may also be indicated.2. The Overall Control Board has failed.Replace the OACB (p/n A03U H010 5A).IMPORTANT : The latest firmware should beinstalled before replacement of the OACB.3. Incorrect initial settings.Perform the following:a. Depress "Utility".b. Select "User setting".c. Select "Initial setting".

Custom Search