PDA

View Full Version : AIDC Sensor

Custom Search

CopyXpress
10-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Hello, I am having constant image quality issues with a cf3102. It has all new IUs in it, as well as transfer belt, yet I'm still getting issues with toner fill. I didn't know if this would contribute to the problem, but the AIDC voltage is at 0v, I was under the impression it should be at 4.5v. Ive ran, and re-ran gradation, stabilizer, everything I've learned to do in my one month long tech career, any ideas? :D:confused:

CopyXpress
10-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Never mind, I'm an idiot. The AIDC voltage is fine. Image quality, still terrible. Its almost like its not adding enough cyan toner, yet if I goto ATDC Toner Supply and add more, there is no difference. I'm working at a print shop/copier repair place, and I'm printing these posters for a client, who need them by tonight. Everything looks fine except there is a block of blue that just looks screwed up. Its looks like a TV screen static. Blue with a bunch of faint white dots all over it. And its only on the blue........ I'm lost.

wagon
10-12-2007, 11:43 PM
You could have a stuffed cyan IU... I have seen nearly new units play up and give all sorts of problems. Maybe try another cyan IU?

bgbas
10-12-2007, 11:43 PM
were you having the same problems before you replaced the I/Us? If not your cyan I/U could be bad out of the box. Try swapping your cyan LED with another color and see if you get the same sympton in another color.

random
10-14-2007, 02:19 AM
Is the stock good? Have you taken some know good stock to confirm it is not just what they are printing onto. If you stop the print before it transfers does the image on the belt appear to have the same fault?

You can increase first and second transfer to help with fill. However if this is a fault has just appeared then the fault is elsewhere.

wagon
10-14-2007, 02:51 AM
It could be that the stock you are printing onto is NBG.. like Random said! I would try some plain old A3 80gsm stuff and see how that goes.

B0265
10-15-2007, 12:32 PM
Just an idea, check the shutter mechanism for the AIDC sensors.

CopyXpress
10-15-2007, 05:16 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys. I just got into the office, so I'll see if anyone took care of the problem over the weekend, if not, I'll start checking out some of the ideas you guys proposed. I think the paper might have a alot to do with it, its 60lb 11x17 card stock, so I think its having a hard time pulling the toner though. Ill check it out, thanks again!

Custom Search