PDA

View Full Version : DeskTopBinder won't work with Windows 7 64-bit - HELP!

Custom Search

Frustrated
11-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Can anyone please help? I am a techno idiot and out of my depth here...

When I started my job (at a small publisher of sheet music) I inherited a computer with all our music (which was previously printed commercially) scanned and saved in DeskTopBinder. The old Ricoh printer has long since been replaced with a Konica Bizhub and I've been gradually PDFing the huge amount of archived music (we now print in-house to order). Job not yet complete.

We've just replaced my computer with a Windows 7 64-bit one (needed in order to run the latest music software). This has thrown lots of things into chaos... the worst being that DeskTopBinder no longer works so I can't access the archive which I saved from the old computer!

I see from other threads that there is no version of DeskTopBinder that will work on a 64-bit computer with Windows 7 - and the expert who installed it found out that Ricoh do not intend producing one. So I need software that will do the things I found essential when editing scanned pages of previously printed music.

The things I need to be able to do are:
· Correct skewed pages (they often scan crooked)
· Enhance image (the notes need to be black not grey!)
· Select, cut and move patches within a page (e.g. alter the position of a word or symbol, or delete blemishes)
· Copy from another document and paste a patch into a page (e.g. add an updated copyright line or correction)
· Handle all the pages of a piece of music in one document (not a separate image per page - some are more than 60 pages long!)

Any suggestions would be gratefully received :-)

goldencup
11-11-2011, 08:33 AM
Hi try i don't know if it could help but, try Irfanview
free download at irfanview.com

...good luck :)

goldencup
11-11-2011, 08:35 AM
i too have problem with windows 7 64 bit...

Frustrated
11-18-2011, 02:23 PM
Hi - thanks for your suggestion. Great looking software, but I've taken the cowards way out and changed back to a 32-bit computer, but updated with Windows 7. At least someone else in the office is benefitting from a new 64-bit machine while I can go back to using DeskTopBinder, which I know and love!

Custom Search