PDA

View Full Version : KonicaMinolta Online Training?

Custom Search

CopyXpress
10-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Hi, I have access to mykonicaminolta.com, and was told there was some good online training available through there. I just cant seem to find it. To tell you the truth, I have a hard time finding much on that site. The first time I logged on there was a "Manual Search" portlet, that I could use to search for manuals, now thats gone! Ive tried adding it in the "Add Portlets" window, but its not an option any more! Any ideas on whats going on there, and where I can find these training courses. Thanks for taking the time to read.

bgbas
10-15-2007, 10:40 PM
My portlet page still works fine. I can add and remove the "Manual search "portlet at will and the link to the CBTs is in the Learning portlet under Learning Place. There you can register for a lot of on line and instuctor led classes.
Good luck

CopyXpress
10-15-2007, 11:01 PM
I had seen that on there before, now, nothing. I goto the add portlet and there is DEFINATELY no Manual Search or Learning Portlet, im lost.

higherlevel
10-16-2007, 12:40 AM
:)
My KM Page works fine....so does that add porlet page...

When you log in...next to the "Logout" button is a "pencil" which is the "EDIT" button..click it...then go to the portlet page for "Add Portlet"
You add whatever, then go to your log in page..and of course save...

Training is under "LEARNING" at the top...of the page when logged in !!

:D

bgbas
10-16-2007, 02:33 AM
be patient, after you click on the pencil icon, depending on your connection speed, it may take some time to for it to come up.

10-16-2007, 06:35 AM
I was in there today and everything seemed to work fine, I think the new layout is a little slower the it was in the past but I could still get to everything.

CopyXpress
10-16-2007, 06:06 PM
Hmm. This is starting to really irritate me. I had the Manual Search portlet on there before, then one day it was gone. Ive tried many times going to the "Edit" and "Add Portlet" but once I get to the page where you select which portlet to add, there is NO manual search!:( And also there is no "Learning" tab on the top. I have a "Home" "Service" and "Working w/ KMBS" I think I might try and get ahold of KM so I can get this resolved. I could really use that learning tab, might save you guys some time! I appreciate all the help you guys have given me thus far.

Scott_Lewis
10-18-2007, 01:24 AM
Hmm. This is starting to really irritate me. I had the Manual Search portlet on there before, then one day it was gone. Ive tried many times going to the "Edit" and "Add Portlet" but once I get to the page where you select which portlet to add, there is NO manual search!:( And also there is no "Learning" tab on the top. I have a "Home" "Service" and "Working w/ KMBS" I think I might try and get ahold of KM so I can get this resolved. I could really use that learning tab, might save you guys some time! I appreciate all the help you guys have given me thus far.

Have you tried to "Reset" the page in the "Page Configuration" box on the layout editor screen?

Also, there was a time (and may still apply) when the items displayed was a function of the access you were allowed by your service manager on record with Minolta. IOW, as a tech I was (at one time) not allowed access to sales and machine pricing information. I think I still don't have access to ordering on-line. Haven't tried that in awhile.

CopyXpress
10-18-2007, 06:18 PM
Have you tried to "Reset" the page in the "Page Configuration" box on the layout editor screen?

Also, there was a time (and may still apply) when the items displayed was a function of the access you were allowed by your service manager on record with Minolta. IOW, as a tech I was (at one time) not allowed access to sales and machine pricing information. I think I still don't have access to ordering on-line. Haven't tried that in awhile.

You my friend, are my new hero. You have no idea how stoked I am right now. Im been screwing around on this site for weeks trying to find the stuff I needed, it was really driving me crazy. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I would of never guessed it was so simple. I swear that 'Reset' button was the only one I hadnt pressed, hahahaha. Once again, many many thanks.

CopyXpress
10-18-2007, 06:23 PM
Wow, apparently I spoke to soon. Now I really am going crazy! I hit reset, all the bars popped up, the Learning Tab Ive been looking for, and a bunch more tabs on top. I thought all was good, click on the 'Service' tab, and on the next page they were all gone. Try to hit reset again, does nothing different. They were there, then they were gone........WTF IS GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::confused:

Scott_Lewis
10-19-2007, 02:29 PM
Wow, apparently I spoke to soon. Now I really am going crazy! I hit reset, all the bars popped up, the Learning Tab Ive been looking for, and a bunch more tabs on top. I thought all was good, click on the 'Service' tab, and on the next page they were all gone. Try to hit reset again, does nothing different. They were there, then they were gone........WTF IS GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::confused:

I have an idea......but, gotta run to work now....later:D

CopyXpress
10-19-2007, 08:47 PM
:(:mad::confused:;)

:D:D:D:D

Scott_Lewis
10-20-2007, 12:53 AM
I may be missing exactly what you are saying here.... are you saying the TABS across the top are going missing? You can add tabs or custom pages of your own by creating a page and they will be added to the existing tabs. I don't see how you can get rid of a predefined tab, though.

The idea that occurred to me this morning was you were selecting one tab, editing the layout, change to another tab and were expecting to be in the edit mode or some such thing. Each page should have a reset, ie sales, service learning, etc. The only page you can lose everything are your HOME page and any new pages you created. All other pages should be reset, only.

You can add portals to any of the pages. You can delete all of the portals with the exception of the one that is fixed and non-customizable on the left side of the page that is unique to each of the tabs.

Are you seeing something different that what I just described?

BTW, my tabs are: Home, Sales, Service, Learning, Products, Pricing, Working w/KMBS, Newsroom, KMBS 411, and a custom tab called Manuals.

CopyXpress
10-20-2007, 07:27 PM
Yes, the tabs accross the top are GONE. I have the following three tabs, Home, Sevice, and Working w/ KMBS
As well as the missing tabs on top, I have lost the option to add the "Manual Search" portlet. Its just not one of the option when you goto "Add Portlet" I emailed konicaminolta a couple days ago and they havent responded....:cool:

copyman
10-20-2007, 10:20 PM
you are aware that K/M changed their site a few weeks back? are you an authorized dealer? if not maybe that is your problem.

Scott_Lewis
10-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Yes, the tabs accross the top are GONE. I have the following three tabs, Home, Sevice, and Working w/ KMBS
As well as the missing tabs on top, I have lost the option to add the "Manual Search" portlet. Its just not one of the option when you goto "Add Portlet" I emailed konicaminolta a couple days ago and they havent responded....:cool:

This sorta goes along with what Copyman mentioned. The privileges / rights that are assigned to you have may be messed up. But, that wouldn't explain why you can't see PRODUCTS and NEWSROOM. Have you taken a look at your profile? Mine shows me as a Tech Rep with every line except the 2nd address line completed.

Sounds like you are going have to get the web master's attention on this one:eek:.

Scott_Lewis
10-24-2007, 02:22 AM
CopyXpress,

Any word on what was going on with the website?

CopyXpress
10-24-2007, 05:12 PM
KM Tech support hasn't responded to my emails! I'm gonna try and get my boss to call them when he gets in, he checked his account and it was messed up aswell, wouldn't allow him to add new users or anything either. I think what was mentioned earlier about permissions has something to do with the issue. I'll let you guys know by the end of the day if I solved anything.

CopyXpress
10-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Got an email stating "Were having technical Difficulties, sorry for the inconvience." Nothing more, nothing less. Ergh, bastards. Still trying to get the boss to call them.

Custom Search