PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Bizhub 252 Ethernet Cable Error

Custom Search

Bionic711
11-08-2011, 02:30 AM
I have recently acquired a new client who has had a Bizhub 252 for almost 3 years (they say). They have never been able to have it plugged in to do IP printing, faxing and everything else the machine is capable of doing.

this is because of a constant error code that seems to pop up every 5min 36 seconds after the machine is plugged into the Ethernet cable.

The error code displayed is as follows:

!*! ABORT !*!
code = 0x0000999a
tskname = tLPD_0
tskid = 0xfffffff0
sp = 0x28e0e1f0
build = ??? 090126

??? = something missing due to glare from the pic I took.

Shortly after the error code is displayed the machine starts a warm reboot which takes about 3 minutes.

While booted and plugged in:
Faxes, copies, prints fine like nothing is wrong.
Using PCL type language for IP printing
Static IP address assigned

I've ran different lines to switches, crossovers to computers, straight to the router. It does not matter what is plugged into the other end, as soon as something is on the line the error code cycle starts.

One of the Konica guys they have had come in before refuses to return my calls and I have no idea how to get this working. I'm pretty sure it's an error referring to something in the Flash or maybe troubled RAM but looking for some feedback to bring to a different Konica guy.

copytechman
11-08-2011, 03:11 AM
Ok did you try this? Crossover cable to isolated laptop? Turning off all unneccessary protocols? Checking to see that no other print drivers are printing to that ip and causing the machine to have a brain embolism?

Regards!
A.

JR2ALTA
11-08-2011, 03:52 AM
You either have an IP conflict. If so, ping the IP address -t and turn off the machine to see if you see get a reply.

In command prompt ping 192.168.1.x -t

-t simply pings the machine forever until you close the command prompt.

Or you have a Windows 7 PC. The copier is re-queueing a corrupt job. I don't know the answer to this yet. Windows 7 has odd problems with Konicas.

Before the error occurs do you see a "XX-POP-XX" icon on the bottom right of the touch panel?

I've seen machines set up with POP credentials, where the machine tries to accept incoming emails causes a malfunction

Bionic711
11-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Try about 22 Win 7 machines.

Definitely not an IP address conflict, I can assure you of that. In addition, the server would pick up on the conflict and report it as a result of the arp table. So I can very well rule that out, as well as say that I personally configured the entire IP addressing scheme when I took over to correct a few issues that were in place before hand.

Any way to eliminate the corrupt job from the Konica's spooler? I saw no function on that.

Did not notice a "XX-POP-XX" message before the error, and I specifically turned off the pop email functions as well as the fax functions in order to troubleshoot the device.

I've tried the crossover idea also and still has the same error which places the error on the machine itself rather than something connected to the network.

emujo
11-08-2011, 03:33 PM
I believe you mean a C252, if so does it have a Fiery attached? We would like to see the firmware versions of the MFP and the Fiery, if installed, also post the driver you are using, and version #.

MFP version can be printed out by selecting Utility/Counter..USER Settings..Printer settings..Print reports..Configuration page.

Fiery... Utility/Counter..Controller details..Print Pages...configuration.

Scan all this along with a screen print of the driver type and version# and upload all to this thread. There are some pretty smart people on here.. might be able to get you pointed in the right directions. Emujo

Bionic711
11-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Fiery printer server? No. It's completely IP printing. I'll be back in their office on Friday so I will get the information about the driver and version number than and post it Friday night. Does the firmware version print with the config page?

Thanks for everyone's help in advance.

emujo
11-08-2011, 04:19 PM
If you are a trained KM tech, print/scan and post the numbers from the manegment list..if not, the config page will give us the controller f/w and that should be enough to determine if you are out of date...As to the Fiery option..It could be mounted, but not turned on..easy enough way to tell is to take a look at the back of the MFP. If you see a box with a scuzzy connector running to the MFP then the Fiery is there. Might be easier if it's not...Emujo

Bionic711
11-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Not a trained KM tech, but like I said the tech that installed the Bizhub they have not been able to get in contact with recently (the office workers say last 3 to 4 months. I will take a look to see if the Fiery is mounted if it is there on Friday when I head to their office.

Let you know then!

copytechman
11-08-2011, 06:19 PM
As far as I know, abort codes are only one the black and white series of machines, notably the older dialta line, bh200-350 and 222-362. Otherwise you might be barking up the wrong tree. If it dies on a crossover cable, try changing the ip and then retry the crossover test (with new ip). Is it a BH250 or BH282? (a BHC252 is a colour box and doesnt do abort codes the last time I checked). What firmware is in it... the nic is attached to mfbs board on that model and would req replacement if the nic is found @ fault.

Regards!
A.

mdavin
11-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Connect the machine to a laptop either via a cross over or switch, isolated from the network. If you get no abort codes than you know it is something on the network..If it still aborts than flash and update the f/w than possible swap the board. But I doubt it's a board issue.

There are a few scenarios I have found with abort codes.. One of the most common is the corrupt print spool what I found is when you print something, usually a web page that has a lot of characters the machine will abort if you are using LPR port settings but not on RAW.. If you use the cd to install the driver it is installed under LRP by default, change the port settings to RAW...
Usually when I go on a abort code service call there is always a computer on the network with a job in the queue for the machine, clearing the job gets the machine going changing the port settings seems to stop it from happening again...Another cause I have had is security port scanners will cause the machine to abort but I have only seen this twice.

So my suggestion is to verify your port settings for the installed print driver and change to RAW if need be.

Bionic711
11-15-2011, 01:42 PM
As far as I know, abort codes are only one the black and white series of machines, notably the older dialta line, bh200-350 and 222-362. Otherwise you might be barking up the wrong tree. If it dies on a crossover cable, try changing the ip and then retry the crossover test (with new ip). Is it a BH250 or BH282? (a BHC252 is a colour box and doesnt do abort codes the last time I checked). What firmware is in it... the nic is attached to mfbs board on that model and would req replacement if the nic is found @ fault.

This dude is right. I went back, had my numbers mixed up, it is a 282, not sure where I pulled the 5. Anywho, I checked for a Fiery (which now I'm kinda sure isn't there anyway) and didn't find anything.

Ok did you try this? Crossover cable to isolated laptop? Turning off all unneccessary protocols? Checking to see that no other print drivers are printing to that ip and causing the machine to have a brain embolism?

Tried this also and still getting the same error code.

Also performed what I would consider a master reset (deleted all user input data from the admin menu) which reset everything to factory defaults. Reprogrammed it the way it should be (ie static IP (even changed the static) check the spoolers and all were empty.

Any ideas what now? Bad F/W or Hardware?

RRodgers
11-15-2011, 02:03 PM
What area are you in? I only ask because I see you didn't fill it out. I would offer to come by and flash the machine (I'd give ya a good deal) and I would also look in the socket to check to be sure non of the pins are bent. (I've seen bent pins in there before causing a weird problem.

Bionic711
11-15-2011, 03:05 PM
My client is in Hudson, Florida. I've checked for bent pins too, part of checking the physical layer for issues. :) We have 3 cards for Konica certified techs out of Tampa and none of them are returning calls. :(

DCPS
11-15-2011, 03:49 PM
We had exactly such a case couple of months ago with a BH 250 S/W which is almost the same mashine (MFPB same). Tried everything possible from our side. Nothing helped. At the end an other mashine of the same type by customer installed and gues what. Same problem! So the problem was obvious at customer side but what exactly we didn't know. Couple of weeks later the customer informed us that he was able to fix it by installing an unshielded network cable! If this is true i don't know for sure but it is something i would like to know and maybe you could try it too.

Bionic711
11-15-2011, 04:13 PM
If they changed from a STP to a UTP odds were it was a plenum grade cable running through a false ceiling. Changing over shouldn't really make a difference for the better especially in that situation unless there was a problem with the cable. I've tested the cables and the maps are coming up good.

Mr Spock
11-16-2011, 01:23 AM
4 things can cause this (short list)

1 bad fax pwb
2 ip address conflict (you did rule that out however)
3 bad mfp pwb or memory module (also the mfp comes in 2 configurations so it needs to be set accordingly)
4 Print jobs are in queue for the machine on the customer's print server.

blackcat4866
11-16-2011, 01:26 AM

Regards!
A.

That was my suggestion. =^..^=

Bionic711
11-16-2011, 03:06 AM
I tried the crossover to my laptop and the problem still persisted (left the entire IP stack on), however, nowhere near as much. In addition, the mentioning of a fax server hastenly had me recall the fact one of the doctor's said their old IT try to get the fax machine to print to the MFP. Wondering if that can accelerate the problem.

Supposedly the dedicated fax server was reconfigured to send to the eCW fax server and stores it all electronically. Perhaps this may be the cause to my issue?

Anyone know a Konica guy in the Tampa area incase this doesn't resolve the issue and it turns into a hardware thing?

Mr Spock
11-17-2011, 12:23 AM
Anyone know a Konica guy in the Tampa area incase this doesn't resolve the issue and it turns into a hardware thing?

Nope Never been there!!!

blackcat4866
11-17-2011, 12:29 AM
I tried the crossover to my laptop and the problem still persisted (left the entire IP stack on), however, nowhere near as much. In addition, the mentioning of a fax server hastenly had me recall the fact one of the doctor's said their old IT try to get the fax machine to print to the MFP. Wondering if that can accelerate the problem.

Supposedly the dedicated fax server was reconfigured to send to the eCW fax server and stores it all electronically. Perhaps this may be the cause to my issue? ...

Here's something quick and easy. Identify an unused IP address and change the address at the machine, and at the print driver.
It sounds as though you've got something that's not a print driver trying to send data to the MFP at it's address. Changing the address should solve the problem without having to delve too deeply into the network. =^..^=

emujo
11-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Nope Never been there!!!

You mean ...and fixed something" That's why we sent you down under...Emujo

Mr Spock
11-19-2011, 09:04 PM
You mean ...and fixed something" That's why we sent you down under...Emujo

Actually I have not been to Tampa to fix a KM product so could someone tell me where Tampa is?

Bionic711
11-21-2011, 09:49 PM
I changed the static IP address on the MFP, (have not changed any other devices to direct them towards it) and the abort codes seem to no longer persist. Spoolers are all clear and no jobs were in queue so I believe at this point (can't say for sure yet because I haven't moved any machines over, making sure the abort codes are stopped for 96 hours first) I can say it was the Win 7 Fax machine and the MFP not playing nice together. Strange part is they were both set to "Raw" fax tx/rx. shouldn't have been an issue.

blackcat4866
11-22-2011, 01:26 AM
Congratulations! =^..^=

Bionic711
11-22-2011, 01:07 PM
Tampa is on the West Coast of Central Florida.

Anywho, I converted all the desktops over last night and the machine still wasn't resetting. Points to an obvious sign as a glitch in the fax/MFP communication. Oh well, they can keep printing it out manually like they have been, it's not going to hurt the employees anymore than it already has. :D

Thanks for the help everyone, much appreciated. Not sure why this simple little Static IP change didn't work the first time I tried it before I even came on the site, weird how it works.

blackcat4866
11-23-2011, 02:08 AM
... Not sure why this simple little Static IP change didn't work the first time I tried it before I even came on the site, weird how it works.

Most likely, someone was just unwilling to admit to not thinking of it themselves.

I smile inwardly and let it slide. The machine's working, and I'm walking out the door. That was the objective. I really doesn't matter so much who thought of it. And if it makes them happy thinking that they thought of it, so much the better. :D
=^..^=

Bionic711
11-23-2011, 03:00 AM
Most likely, someone was just unwilling to admit to not thinking of it themselves.

I smile inwardly and let it slide. The machine's working, and I'm walking out the door. That was the objective. I really doesn't matter so much who thought of it. And if it makes them happy thinking that they thought of it, so much the better. :D
=^..^=

What on Earth are you talking about?

blackcat4866
11-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Apparently nothing on Earth.

It's not important. =^.^=

Custom Search