PDA

View Full Version : Duplicators?

Custom Search

Frank
04-23-2005, 03:41 AM
Anyone still working on duplicators, I worked on the years ago and have been out of the biz for a while, I\'m thinking of picking up a few in my spare time. I\'m looking for a source for gestetner parts and possibly some future advice.

hawkfan12
04-26-2005, 01:37 AM
I have not touhed one in about 2 1/2 years, thank god. MOst have upgraded to a hig volume copier since the CPC on the big stuff has dropped.

JUST SAY NO TO INK!

daveh
05-03-2005, 09:50 PM
Yes... Duplo. I\'m actually starting to like working on them....sure helps to wear gloves. B)

carlosl
05-23-2005, 04:28 PM
To keep it safe stick to riso or duplo, icohs latest models were not as good as the older ones. riso suplies can be found easy but not so for the duplo.

good luck.

Lance
05-30-2005, 10:22 AM
Frank wrote:

Anyone still working on duplicators, I worked on the years ago and have been out of the biz for a while, I\'m thinking of picking up a few in my spare time. I\'m looking for a source for gestetner parts and possibly some future advice.

Just say no!

paulo feio
08-12-2005, 03:55 PM
Forget Gestetener. Go for Risograph. The best one so far the GR model for high volumes( it is a old model but still get parts ) and for less volume go for the CR model. RISO the Best Duplicator in the world.

ukyo
09-05-2008, 08:41 AM
you're right pau..

RISO RULES!!!:D:D:D

hocks
09-05-2008, 12:53 PM
I've had a lot of experience with Ricoh Priport over the years, but have to agree with the above posts, now that the cpc is reasonable, there is not much need for ink.

Sure, the HQ versions of the duplicators produce great results, but nothing that a connected 60ppm machin cant do at the same price with more versatility!

Jimbo1
09-05-2008, 02:20 PM
Good God man! I would rather deliver pizzas on the weekend than get back into those nasty things. Course I worked on Gesteners(Ricoh) so filthy is going to be what you get.

:D

Phil
09-05-2008, 02:23 PM
Forget Gestetener. Go for Risograph. The best one so far the GR model for high volumes( it is a old model but still get parts ) and for less volume go for the CR model. RISO the Best Duplicator in the world.

I work for a school district and we still have a couple of the Riso GR's, if you aren't a dealer is there some one you can go to for parts?

pspahr
10-02-2008, 05:18 AM
I loved and still love the digi dupes. I've only worked on the Ricoh Priports of yore and really didn't have any issues with working with them. currently I have one in the field that I actively sought to put under contract!!!!!

Maybe I need help.............

cobiray
10-02-2008, 04:20 PM
They're not a bad machine in my eyes. Different than MFP's, but the older ones have alot less electronics to troubleshoot. I've never had to update the firmware to fix a problem and the bulk of the issues are timing, cleaning and worn rubber components. If you're used to mechanical troubleshooting you'll like them.

kingpd@businessprints.net
10-16-2008, 03:57 PM
What does everyone think about selling and servicing Standard duplicators? Aren't they made by Ricoh these days?

vijaysharma
01-15-2009, 05:09 PM
RISO is technicaly sound machine....:cool:

Hose1cook
01-25-2009, 02:52 PM
The Standards are still made by Ricoh, I have no problems with them since they updated the screen seals a few years ago. For those of you who hate the ink, too bad you didn't work on liquid e-stats and bond copiers back in the day, then you would know what getting dirty is all about. At least duplicator ink doesn't flow like water.

Custom Search