PDA

View Full Version : Fiery Print Control Admin PW

Custom Search

CopyXpress
10-17-2007, 12:18 AM
Hi, were trying to get another color machine going in the copy center part of our store, but the fiery is giving us some trouble. It seems no one knows the admin PW. I guess the people who had set it up last time are no longer working here, and my boss doesn't know what it is. My guess is its probably the default password (if there is one by default) but I could find any clues as to what it would be. Is there a way to reset it? Or is there a default pw? Once again, thanks for reading.

edit: Ohh yeah, its a cn3102e fiery print controller

CopyXpress
10-17-2007, 01:02 AM
Well, I search and found the Default Admin PW is '0000' like we had thought. But thats not it :confused: Anyone know if its possible to reset it?

Mr Spock
10-17-2007, 04:04 AM
There is a file that will cause most fiery's to print a page that has the admin password on it. I do not have the file, I have only read about it on other websites. If you can google it (fiery password) you should be able to find it. I also do not know which ones it works on. Like I said I have heard about it but have not had to use it so I did not download it.

konisolver
10-17-2007, 04:44 AM
The 3102 x3e fiery does not have a password...The only fiery's that have a password are Version 8 which is Fiery.1 Another thing you can do is log in to Command workstation and select Administrator but do not put any password. If you can log in then you can run the set-up. Hope this helps/

CopyXpress
10-17-2007, 06:50 PM
I navigate through the menus on the copier, goto Run Setup, then I get a box that pops up and says "Enter Password" and its not like a a 4 digit numeric password or anything like that, it brings up a keyboard with only letters.....

kyoceradude
10-17-2007, 07:46 PM
We don't work on Konica Minolta, we have Kyocera Mita w/ fiery. If we ran into that problem with an admin password, we had to reload the system software on the fiery.. Mayby thats an option for you,

Absurd
10-17-2007, 08:31 PM
We have them on our KM-C3130's and KM-C2230's and the default password was all 0's. Just fill the screen with 0's and that gets us in but ive never seen one put up a on screen keyboard.

CopyXpress
10-17-2007, 11:05 PM
We have them on our KM-C3130's and KM-C2230's and the default password was all 0's. Just fill the screen with 0's and that gets us in but ive never seen one put up a on screen keyboard.

Thats exactly what I was thinking...Every other time I've seen it done it was just four 0's and a completely differnt looking screen, boss said tech that used to work here added pw for some reason or another. Didnt know it was possible or how it was done. Im gonna try reloading the system software. Thanks for the responses.

Mr Spock
10-18-2007, 12:25 AM
Before you reload try "Fiery.1" that works on the canon at the office. I did not realize the keyboard came up.

Scott_Lewis
10-18-2007, 01:15 AM
Before you reload try "Fiery.1" that works on the canon at the office. I did not realize the keyboard came up.

Lots of suggestions and I kinda lost track of all that was said. There are two different default passwords for the administrative functions of the fiery depending upon the options you have.

-blank-
"Fiery.1"

If asked for a user name, use "Administrator". I am not absolutely certain, but I think the 'Fiery.1' is only used with the FACI option on the Fiery.

The "0000" is only used for the copier functions as a default pw.

knightfall
10-18-2007, 01:53 AM
every fiery comes with a default password but it can be changed and if it is forgotten your SOL, EFI Fiery will not give the master reset or how to print out the password so the only solution is to reload the system software. This is a pain in the ass but the only solution that I know of. if anyone knows an other way of obtaining the password or resetting it please pass it on.

mikeena
10-18-2007, 03:54 AM
i have to agree before any steps try it. i dnt know which machine u have but on my c500 it is fiery.1 try it with a capital F too.

CopyXpress
10-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Wow, I really appreciate all the responses. Thanks alot guys. I tried the "Fiery.1" and that wasnt it. I even tried different variations of it, the old tech must of changed it......Ill look into reloading the system software. Much thanks to all those that helped. :D

case807
11-01-2015, 04:59 AM
It's ok "FIery.1"works properly thank you🔝🔝🔝🔝🔝

peter42
11-02-2015, 08:55 PM
Appending to the used keyboard or OS, (if you dont go over the controller panel,)
some languages changes Y and Z, one of my customers have to enter Fierz.1 to get into the Fiery CWS screen.

greetings peter

Custom Search