PDA

View Full Version : CQ Bizhub C351 with over toning problem

Custom Search

Printer People
11-14-2011, 01:19 PM
I have 2 C351's and run them together in a print shop - one has started to overtone the IU's so when we print a heavy red background with white text the red starts to bleed into the text, same has started happening with the Cyan IU.

Both units have not been chipped and the mag is 1/4 used and the cyan 3/4 used.

Any idea's anyone.

As an interesting aside the other machine runs the toner right down to error code when the toners are empty - have just got used to keeping plenty of toner in that machine. Seems to tone fine when the units have plenty of toner in them - strange one.

BIG PAPA
11-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Just a thought have you done color registration? After replacing the IU's were the proper adj ran?

Printer People
11-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Cant say Ive ever run colour reg - do i need to do this when i replace units, thought i only had to do was run a few grad adj's

907tec
11-14-2011, 06:32 PM
Apologies if you've already tried this...but a similar defect can happen if the printhead slit glass is dirty, beneath the imaging units. Have you looked around in there with a flashlight to confirm that toner isn't scattered over the glass?

*edit* - "imaging units" not "printheads"

Printer People
11-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Ok have cleaned the LED strips and the wrighthead strips - didnt look that dirty and done a new Grad Adjust

Looks alot better - wouldn't have guessed that would fix it - thanks very muck

Custom Search