PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous SCAN TO FTP

Custom Search

eric@nvpcrg.com
11-14-2011, 08:15 PM
Hello

I am trying to help out a non profit org that purchased a used Di2510f. Right now they have three desktops running windows 7. One acts as a file server. I know this is not the best enviroment but I am working with a no $$$ budget. I can not get the printer to scan FTP to the file server. I would use SMTP but I can not find a carrier that does not require a logon or SSL wich this printer does not support. I have found other blogs saying it does support SMTP with logon, but I have not found any spot on the web GUI to input the logon and password, I have also logged on as administrator. Below is what I have done so far. As soon as I tell the printer to scan it scans the page and has a long beep:

I installed IIS and FTP on the Windows 7 desktop that is acting as a file server. Setup the FTP with the most generic setup as possible. First with no authentication, did not work, then with authentication, did not work. What is weird is windows are reporting that the printer and desktop are talking. I just cannot seem to get the scan to show up in the FTP folder. On the printer it shows the scan job in que, I tell the printer to resend the scan but it fails. Settings are below for the FTP site:
FTP Site Name: scanner
Physical Path: C:\scanner
IP Address: 192.168.0.5
Port : 21
Start FTP site automatically
NO SSL
Authentication: Anonymous and Basic (I have tired each one separately, and both selected) both Read and Write is selected.
I have mirrored the same settings on the printer.
Can anyone help?

copymech
11-14-2011, 09:08 PM
If I remember correctly. The host name should be all caps. For minolta setup smb and ftp.

copymech
11-14-2011, 09:09 PM
CSMILEY

eric@nvpcrg.com
11-14-2011, 11:34 PM
CSMILEY

I had the printer mapped inthe printer GUI by IP adress. I did change it to host name with all caps same issue. THe printer has a long beep and the job is still in que....

copymech
11-15-2011, 01:34 AM
The printer will need to be restarted for changes to take effect. It may take several minutes to connect.

barratec
11-15-2011, 08:03 AM
Instead IIS try to use the client utility in the attachement, it is very easy to install and set up.

RRodgers
11-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Instead IIS try to use the client utility in the attachement, it is very easy to install and set up.

Yep, I get it to work with Konica's little ftp app all the time. It's quick, easy and even works on Win7 all day long.

eric@nvpcrg.com
11-15-2011, 02:38 PM
Canyouguys tell me were to get this FTP app? I do not know anything about it????

barratec
11-15-2011, 04:26 PM
Canyouguys tell me were to get this FTP app? I do not know anything about it????
It's in my message attachement!

TheOwl
11-15-2011, 09:52 PM
On the C:\Scanning folder, add the permission for ANONYMOUS LOGON to the folder and this should get you half way there.

The next thing that you need to do is to open up the Windows Firewall to allow FTP traffic to come in. Run the following commands to fix the firewall:

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="FTP (non-SSL)" action=allow protocol=TCP dir=in localport=21
netsh advfirewall set global StatefulFtp enable

RRodgers
11-16-2011, 02:46 PM
I was going to say.... just scroll up. LOL One thing I learned on the utility side you for the path you just wanna put C:\ on the copier you wanna put in the path. So let's say you created a C:\scans folder on the computer you wanna scan tool. Just put scans in the path and on the computer you are running the ftp prog on you go in to it and put just C:\ trust me I pulled my hair out cuz it wouldn't work when I put scans in both places. Weird I know.

mervyn
11-16-2011, 05:24 PM
If you use the ftp utility , all you need to do is direct the file path to the scan folder you created . When you interface through the web browser all you do is set for anonymous and put a full stop in the file path . Always works for me .

TheOwl
11-16-2011, 09:57 PM
RRogers - I don't want sound like a smartass, but have you ever though of the implications of making C:\ the home directory for an FTP server? As the FTP protocol is normally opened up so that the ANONYMOUS account has read and write privs, setting C:\ as the home directory means that someone that finds the FTP hole in the firewall has read and write access to everything on the system drive.

I like to create a folder C:\Scanning and set this as the home folder on the FTP server. Then when you enter the settings into the copier, you use the IP address of the computer (or DNS hostname) and where you enter in the folder, just put a "/". With that entered in the copier, it just drop the files directly into the home folder.

So with this setup, if someone finds the hole in the firewall for FTP and then connects, the only thing they have access to is your scanned files and not your system files, My Documents and stuff like that.

Again, don't want to sound like a smartass, but the more people know, the more secure a copier installation can be.

RRodgers
11-16-2011, 10:25 PM
No, what I was saying was it wouldn't work if I put C:\scans as the path in the utility.
**edit**
and I NEVER use anonymous. I always use a user name and password.

eric@nvpcrg.com
11-17-2011, 02:23 AM
It's in my message attachement!

It WORKED!!!!!! Thanks Guys! I really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RRodgers
11-17-2011, 04:49 AM
but I see what you mean, maybe I'll go back and try it the other way around. C:\scans on the utility and \ on the copier for the path.

Custom Search