PDA

View Full Version : Fuel surcharge

Custom Search

Frank
04-26-2005, 10:58 PM
Has anyone added a fuel surcharge or trip charge recently to help cover the recent increas in fuel prices???

Tonerbomb
04-27-2005, 01:52 AM
:( late last year we increased the trip charge rate for charge accounts and increasd min. fees for contracts to cover increased gas prices. It still isn\'t enough for techs like us!!!!!!!! I\'m still at .315/mi , but now I get $10/week as additional comp. One of our techs wrote an email to fearless leader(boss) about the fuel gods raping us, He went off on him for that. Why sould it cost a tech money to drive for his job??? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Lance
04-27-2005, 08:04 AM
tonerbomb wrote:
[quote Why sould it cost a tech money to drive for his job??? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:[/quote]

It shouldn\'t... but bosses are like that :whistle:

I\'m a small indy so its hard to add a surcharge, I increased my flat printer rate by $5.00 a few months ago and it has helped but it\'s not really enough. I\'m scard because I think its only going to get worse befor it gets better.

MrCMYK
05-01-2005, 01:42 AM
I think its a good idea. many companies are doing this nowdays. Its east to add comething for a chargable. May be harder for contract customers w/ multi year contracts...

If they do add a surcharge, the $ should go the the techs. not to the Co. coffers.

OLDE TECH
05-01-2005, 12:54 PM
:woohoo:

SEND YOUR COMPLAINT TO YOUR CONGRESSMAN, tHESE OIL FOLKS ARE GOUGING US, AND YOUR COMPANY SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR GAS USED FOR BUSINESS PURPOSES ONLY

05-02-2005, 02:56 AM
OLDE TECH wrote:

:woohoo:

SEND YOUR COMPLAINT TO YOUR CONGRESSMAN, tHESE OIL FOLKS ARE GOUGING US

Do you think they care, The government is run by a bunch of oil industry whores. but before I get too far off topic, We are in the process of deciding what to do about gas, It looks like the high prices will be around for a while (at least until 2006) and is seems like a bump in the hourly charge is gonna happen soon.

Tonerbomb
05-03-2005, 02:49 AM
:ohmy: :ohmy: in this case what went up ain\'t comin\' down!!!! Techs need fair compensation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

twas many moons ago when I went to the station with Dad and the gas war was at 25 cents /gallon. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

jimharry
07-05-2006, 12:21 AM
25 cents a gallon! I remember that! My pay was $1.25/ hour at that time.

Sadly, you will NEVER see 25 cent a gallon gas again, because there is about 43 cents of taxes for every gallon(California) you buy!!!
And that includes sales tax that also goes up everytime the cost of gas goes up!!

Custom Search