PDA

View Full Version : CQ Bizhub 601 Dirty Copies

Custom Search

kba
11-16-2011, 04:47 PM
I was checking to see if anyone else has had problems with dirty copies. There is leakage under the developer. The machine has 150k copies. Do I just need to do a developer change? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Darren King
11-17-2011, 03:12 PM
I feel your pain. It will be nice when the Konica holdovers are all gone from the merger. When this these machine start to over tone it is possible to recover by running skyshots until you can see light through them and then run your drum pecuiarity. You may have to run the "cartridge set" a few times.
Hope this helps.
Darren

EarthKmTech
11-17-2011, 11:00 PM
I feel your pain. It will be nice when the Konica holdovers are all gone from the merger.
Darren

I'm reasonably hopeful this is the end of the line with this engine. Its been around a very long time now and although they are pretty damn good when setup and running well with decent paper, without a colour scanner I cant see them sticking around unchanged for much longer. A TCR sensor and a waste toner bottle would be nice :D

Darren King
11-17-2011, 11:25 PM
I agree perthKMTECH, on a new PM the CQ in these boxes is great however, that only lasts for about 80 to 100 k and then it just goes all to hell. lol.
And yes a TCR sensor and a UTR would have saved me a lot of hair pulling over the last six years or so.
Darren

CraigW
11-18-2011, 03:29 PM
The patch method for toner density has never worked out well, has it ?

Us Americans and our cheap paper have thrown a curve ball to all that engineering.

I also would agree, that engine will be gone soon. It was a good run though.

Darren King
11-18-2011, 03:40 PM
It won't be missed. lol

EarthKmTech
11-18-2011, 09:41 PM
In Australia theres been a big rise in cheap Chinese and poor quality Malaysian manufactured paper appearing on the scene with devastating results on this engine.
On a well setup machine with decent paper that doesnt shed tons of paper dust these machines do go 250k pm to pm without trouble, i've seen it with my own eyes when we started charging customers for the developer contamination crap paper causes.

2 warnings to change paper, 2 bags of developer then bang, you gotta pay..

pepper38_cnd
11-20-2011, 10:03 PM
On all of those type machines, it is very important that the Mylars on the ends of the T/S carona are completely intact. If they are not, then the T/S Guide comes in contact with the drum causing the pulling of Dev and toner down onto the transfer and transport section as well as depletion of Developer. Changing developer seems to solve the problem, but symptoms reoccur within 15K to 100K. If a mylar is not intact you usually see a wear mark on the drum about 2 inches from either end.

Itsthepaper
11-21-2011, 04:26 AM
Are you leaking developer or toner?

Make sure the customer is not just opening and closing the toner door tricking the machine, I think this model still runs several thousands prints, then the toner empty message pops back up. Which the amount of prints after opening the toner door could be defualted in the dipswtiches to a lesser amount.

Yea, this machine is a pig. I won't miss it!! BEAT IT 601!! Don't let the the door knob hit you were the sun don't shine!!

kingpd@businessprints.net
11-21-2011, 09:47 AM
We're having discussion to try and change the plan offerings to get customers on a paper included plan. Means a little more profit for us plus we can control the paper supply of the machines. We'll see how it goes.

In Australia theres been a big rise in cheap Chinese and poor quality Malaysian manufactured paper appearing on the scene with devastating results on this engine.
On a well setup machine with decent paper that doesnt shed tons of paper dust these machines do go 250k pm to pm without trouble, i've seen it with my own eyes when we started charging customers for the developer contamination crap paper causes.

2 warnings to change paper, 2 bags of developer then bang, you gotta pay..

CraigW
11-21-2011, 03:27 PM
T/S Guide comes in contact with the drum

The 3 screws on the plate that are "locked" with the blue material will work loose over time (every single 7155-601 of ours has sooner or later came loose) It will allow the plate (with the mylars you mentioned) on the ends to raise up contacting the drum.

Custom Search