PDA

View Full Version : C451 +Fiery loses calibration after cca 200 copies

Custom Search

primozks
11-16-2011, 07:56 PM
I'm printing several jobs, each has 200 copies. The only difference is in catalogue language (different layers in Indesign for black text, same pictures), but when one job is done the other has different color, especially in highlights. If I abort this job, rerun the calibration on Fiery and print again, colors are the same. The machine has 200000 copies, transfer belt and all drums have been already changed. All consumables have OK status. I believe, that the calibration is gone when printer does "stabilising image" between jobs. Is there any setting, where this feature can be turned off? I would call the service to come, but I have due date tommorow afternoon. Anyway, if nothing can be done, I will just recalibrate machine after each job. Thanks.

pajeroid
08-23-2013, 12:45 PM
Did you ever sort this out - I have the same problem. Ta, Dave.

kzeng
08-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Have you tried running this as a pdf instead of native from InDesign? Is your Fiery's system software up to date?

habik
08-28-2013, 08:11 AM
Start fresh with machine, then calibrate the fiery.
Are the laser windows clean? especially black any P-codes popping ..or oil can showing up?

I'd start with
Print the list output from Service mode.
Clean laser windows for IU's
Then reset of the Stabiliser+Background
Full Gradation adjust to the minimum conversion values for dark and highlights (as close to zero as possible).
Now I'd print another list out put and check for the Gradation values and also the Skew adjustment of the PH unit.You should be able to do the Stabiliser and Gradation in admin mode.
Now fiery calibration.
Print one of your sets and print out the list output from the service mode again and check the values. if they differ a lot then the problem is machine, if not then I'd look in to the Application options what is the ink levels in the app or try to print it from PDF..perhaps run few "Print as image" a.e. no postscript..just to check what is the cause ;)

If this doesn't help, then I'd call a tech. :) hope this helps.

Setright
08-29-2013, 07:56 AM
As above, make sure the engine is fully adjusted before you calibrate the controller.

pajeroid
09-03-2013, 05:10 PM
Thanks guys, will give this a go when I am next at the customers.

Dave.

Custom Search