PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Km c6500 / oce cs650 opinions

Custom Search

plnewton
11-17-2011, 10:40 AM
Hi all,

We have been looking at puting a machine to do short run prints, my company specializes in cd/dvd printing and duplication and we have always outsourced the printing of the covers that go into the caes of the discs. If we get short runs of 100 or so we will run them through our copier which is a toshiba 3500c but it struglles with any real heavy covererage and the quality is just not there.

I have the opertunity of getting a used OCE CS650 for about 10k, it has about 1.3m on the clock, i have not seen the service history yet but i am told it was always maintained under contract.

Does any one here have any opinions on these machines (good or bad), have been told they are quite good but i would like to hear from some of the members here.

My biggest concerns are what they print like with full coverage, are they able to run gloss coated stocks if required, are they costly to run in respect to toners etc...

In a perfect world it would be nice to get offset quality results but i know that just aint gonna happen so if someone can give me some realy feedback on what i should expect on the lrint quality and reliability it will help me make a decision

Cheers,
Paul

Custom Search