PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C220 Not Restricting Color

Custom Search

hhaskins
11-17-2011, 02:02 PM
I have 3 BH c220 that are new out of the box and we havesetup two for a customer to restrict color on the walk up operator and allowcolor for the other logins. But the restricted color is allowing single and twocolor copying, talked to KMBS tech support and they have no idea other than thedifference in software, only the two older production models will not fullyrestrict color had a lower software level installed so we updated it to thenewest and still no change. KMBS escalated it up the ladder but who knows whenwe will get an answer back. Two have a production date of April and May 2011and the one that works correctly was produced this past October. Does anyonehave any ideas?:o

dallas
11-18-2011, 05:12 PM
Chapter 7.4 in the copy user manual tells you the solution. You only have to read it.

hhaskins
11-18-2011, 05:53 PM
We have done this as I said it will restrict Full Colorand Auto Color but will not restrict Single Color or Two Color. Thanks anyway...

acusso1234
11-19-2011, 02:43 PM
We have done this as I said it will restrict Full Colorand Auto Color but will not restrict Single Color or Two Color. Thanks anyway...

You can also use the "mono color" driver that only allow the b&W prints. You can download it on the KM public site.

emujo
11-19-2011, 06:53 PM
I'm assuming you are allowing "pubic" user option..Have you double checked the restrictions on the public user? I know we have turned this on but forgot to go in and "restrict" color. Emujo

hhaskins
11-21-2011, 01:57 PM
We are using Public Access, and we didcheck the settings of all related items. We did get a response from KMBS Tech. Support today stating that the twounits that will allow the single & two color copying were released before10.10.2011 and that all BH-c220 before that date have an issue with this PublicAccess color issue. KMBS have escalated it to Japan to get a fix, just simplyupdating the firmware will not work, and that is true we have tried that. So I guessat this time we will just need to wait for Japan. Once we have received the fixI will update this thread, thanks for all your advice. :rolleyes:

Glaander
11-21-2011, 08:51 PM
just want to know did you do the firmware step up or just flash straight to the lastest firmware? because some firmware require step up on firmware version to get to the latest one.

hhaskins
11-21-2011, 09:00 PM
We did with a USB Drive as directed by KMBSTech. Support.

Custom Search