PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 211 toner build up on charge corona grid

Custom Search

DadO
11-17-2011, 02:26 PM
Machine have 65 K copies.

After 1 -3 k full thick black line starts to appear. Couse of thick line is GRID on charge corona. One side looks like its burned (the side where is a thick black line) but I clean it easy whit alcohol. Probably toner buildup on grid. I replaced developer and didnt help ( black line started to apear again for 1-3 K copies) then i replaced charge corona and again same problem in same interval.....

Everything looks normal! Drum looks normal( organic photoconductor layer didnt peel of anywhere!)

I must point that I didnt change drum in 60 K copies only developer and charge corona.

Usualy when I clean charge corona grid its good for another 30 to 50K copies.

HELP! :o
Thank you in advance!

Hansoon
11-17-2011, 05:25 PM
I would prefer changing the drum before the charge corona. A charge corona with grid may last for at least 120K or more. The drum however is designed for 40K and will reach maximum 65K with reduced print quality when you are lucky.

Did you execute F8 after installing the new developer?

Hans

DadO
11-17-2011, 08:33 PM
Jes I did. It wouldn't work without atdc adjust :)

Cold it be something with charging voltage? Can i adjust it anyhow since SM dont give that options except VG adjust.
I don't think changing drum will solve this but again, I don't know.

I need more suggestions till tommorow :)!

EarthKmTech
11-17-2011, 10:47 PM
I had one of these machines (163) recently with an interesting issue. (108k in a very dusty env, 30k on current IU)

thick black line down one side of the copies and "paper jams" on every 1st second or third print. No jam codes or error codes logged and it was from all trays.

charge grid was arcing to the exposed alu of the drum within that destroyed area and the machine was unable to communicate its general level of disgust.

I dont know if it was the IU or the transfer roller (very worn) that destroyed the drum, but i installed a new IU, drum, developer and transfer roller and the problem was solved..

Its not really worth messing around on these machines as parts are reasonably cheap - if drum costs are concerning i know Katun make non genuine drums and from my knowledge they dont cause any issues. DO NOT use non genuine toner though, you will destroy the IU's very quickly.

Custom Search