PDA

View Full Version : Tech needed for BizHub Pro 1050EP

Custom Search

scotsman60
11-23-2011, 04:05 PM
I'm looking for a tech in the Orange County, California area to work on my BizHub Pro 1050EP.

PM me and leave a contact number or email me at doug@beachmailing.com

I have a fault on two drawrs out of the three on the large capacity feeder that I can't resolve.

When I feed from drawer 4 in the PF, I get a J18-07 jam code.

From the manual - this code says - "The PF exit sensor (PS99) does not turn ON within a specified period of time after the loop sensor /2 (PS94) turns ON."

So I replaced the Exit sensor - no change

If I pre-feed a sheet partially through the feed rollers, this sheet feeds fine but the jam code comes up on the second sheet.

I relaced all of the paper feed rollers - didn't make any difference.

I'm replaced the torque limiters on all drawers (they needed it anyway) - didn't help.

copytechman
11-24-2011, 12:31 AM
Not sure which feeder it is but have seen cases where the conveying rollers (rubber ones) swell, especially the middle ones, something to look @/think about!

Regards!
A.

scotsman60
11-24-2011, 05:09 AM
Copytechman,

Yep - I checked the transport rollers and they looked OK - I cleaned them with rubber conditioner and it didn't help althouh I didn't replace them.

I'm wondering if the main drive mototo on the feeder might be going out and slowing down - making the whole paper transport slow down.

I'm trying to avoid just replacing everything though.......

blago_vd
11-24-2011, 07:03 AM
Check the couplings between the roller shaft and clutch shaft inside the PF. The easiest way is to remove the side cover of PF, to pull out the drawers and check.

RRodgers
11-24-2011, 07:20 AM
Check the couplings between the roller shaft and clutch shaft inside the PF. The easiest way is to remove the side cover of PF, to pull out the drawers and check.

do you work on weekends?

scotsman60
11-24-2011, 06:26 PM

blago_vd,

Thanx.

Which shaft are you talking about? The registrarion conveyance roller? (Item 10 in the drawing below) Looks like this is the shaft that should be driving the paper between the two sensors where it's reporting a problem...

Doug

scotsman60
11-24-2011, 06:28 PM
do you work on weekends?

I usually work sometime over the weekends - but not this weekend 'cause I'm out of town.

Next weekend would be fine though.

Do you work on these machines?

faultman
11-24-2011, 07:47 PM
think i had this once before when the pin had broken away the inside of the plastic gear (think it was item 19 or 15). This causes loss of drive to the feed, the gear just spins because the moulding for the pin to locate into is broken. Hope this helps!!!

RRodgers
11-24-2011, 08:09 PM
I usually work sometime over the weekends - but not this weekend 'cause I'm out of town.

Next weekend would be fine though.

Do you work on these machines?

I'm trained on the 1050 but to be honest, I haven't seen one in forever.

why1265
11-27-2011, 04:05 AM
I'm trained on the 1050 but to be honest, I haven't seen one in forever.

check the pulley 26T inside the PF drive unit 13128

scotsman60
12-03-2011, 09:19 PM
Faultman and blado,

Got back to the shop this weekend and stripped down the trasnport drives inside the paper feeder and you called it exactly right.

The inside of the gear (Item 15) was completely destroyed so the drive pin was spinning but no drive was getting to the inner side of the coupling!!!

I ordered a new gear and should have the system up and running on all drawers next week.

Thanx for the help!!!!

Doug

think i had this once before when the pin had broken away the inside of the plastic gear (think it was item 19 or 15). This causes loss of drive to the feed, the gear just spins because the moulding for the pin to locate into is broken. Hope this helps!!!

scotsman60
12-03-2011, 09:22 PM
This is exctly the gear that was stripped!!!!

Thanx again.

QUOTE=why1265;260781]check the pulley 26T inside the PF drive unit 13128[/QUOTE]

Custom Search