PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous B 421 Shows memory Full

Custom Search

Eugene74
11-25-2011, 08:44 AM
Hi Guys,

I've got a problem on a Bizhub 421. When I scan to a PC (SMB and FTP) the machine scans in the pages (depending on the coverage of the page) and then it will stop and give me a error (Insufficient memory). It's usually between 14 - 19 pages. Scanned to different PC's as well, same problem. Another problem that I have noticed was, on the faxing. You can send faxes, but can't receive. They receive their faxes to a folder. If you phone to the fax number, it just keep on ringing, doesn't connect to the fax (not receiving the fax signals). Machine is set to auto answer with 1 ring been set.

I don't know if this would help, but when I scan and monitor the memory usage at the bottom. It stay on 100% through out all of the 14-19 pages been scanned. I have check the memory (memory test in the tech rep settings) and passed. When they print you can see that the memory percentage are running down. So I don't think it's a memory problem. Firmware of the machine is up to date.

Machine info:

B421
650k copies
no hard drive
fax installed (receive faxes to smb folder)
connected as smb scanning
network printing

I would appreciate it if somebody could assist me in this regard.

Many Thanks,
Eugene

pepper38_cnd
11-25-2011, 11:10 AM
Scanning is limited without the Hard Drive. As far as the fax not answering make sure the line cord is in the Line jack not the Tel jack.

copytechman
11-25-2011, 12:17 PM
Seconding HDD expecially for scanning, also make sure device firmware is current, older firmware had a memory leak of some sort that affected scanning (especially smb).

Regards!
A.

Eugene74
12-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Hi Guys, I finally got this thing sorted out. It was the CF card software that was corrupt. I reloaded the CF card software, did all my settings again and it worked. Thanks for all the help.

Custom Search