PDA

View Full Version : tech tip/konica or anyone

Custom Search

CMB
04-30-2005, 04:59 PM
print out the management list{list print} from the 36 mode. it will list all jams and failure codes with the exact date and time. all digital equipment have this feature. you can use this for your own benefit, know what i mean??

the reason i say this is because the other day i had a customer irrate because according to her the copier had been screwing up ever since i fixed it 3 days prior. every time you hit the print button she says. so i printed out the jam list and the last it jammed was just before i fixed it 3 days prior. she shut up pretty quick....

Post edited by: CMB, at: 2005/04/30 13:55

hawkfan12
05-04-2005, 04:52 AM
Most of the digitals have this feature, I always print them out and stuff them in the bottom of the machine for just that reason, and I always date the pages just incase.

Thanks for the tip :woohoo:

redhotrob
05-19-2008, 12:05 PM
A great tool indeed. I've used this for many years now and miss it when a machine cannot do this. It's one thing to see how many times a machine jammed, but to know when it happened and with what paper and tray is great.

cobiray
05-19-2008, 01:06 PM
It's a great feature, just be careful throwing an end user under the bus. I know it feels good, but sometimes it comes back and bites you. Sometimes the customers need a soft touch. It's a judgment call.

fixthecopier
05-20-2008, 10:20 AM
You are so correct,Cobiray. Usually when I show the machine jam counter the customer will tell me it is not correct. What has never failed to amaze me is how I will show up, put the machine in test mode, have it running, and then have the customer come over and tell me how it jams all the time, every time. I will point to the 100 or more copies on the exit and they will insist that I must have done something to make it run.

Scorotron Wizard
05-22-2008, 10:33 PM
I agree with Cobiray :)
I work mostly on Konica/Minolta and Kyocera.
I find it useful to tell the customer about the counter, and that I have cleared it, so if the jamming persists the next engineer will be able to look at the list and have an account of every jam since I left, this tends to get the customer on the Engineers side, in this job I beleive in keeping the customer on 'my side'. A happy customer with a black line who thinks I have tried really hard to help them and I will be back in a day or two with a part is much better than an unhappy one with a speck who thinks the engineer is an ar*e.

Custom Search