PDA

View Full Version : scan to server

Custom Search

InternJ
11-28-2011, 10:13 PM
Hi I have a question about the bizhub C220 network scan functions

my task was to make it so we could scan a document and send it our server and to a public folder on that server that everyone has access to.

I have been reading and reading over the quick guide and seem to have gone to stand still.
will the bizhub be able to scan to our server?

It might be better to scan to email, but some files could potentially be bigger
and for files that are confidential I successfully set it up to scan to our FTP server then the few users can just log in to ftp and access it

would it be better security wise if i just made it to scan to the users specific PC ? and if i did go this route i would use the SMB method?

blackcat4866
11-29-2011, 12:57 PM
I usually use SMB scanning in this situation. You can scan to a shared file on a server or a shared file on the client PC, it makes no real difference.

You'll need to set up the folder first. The shared folder ideally should be on the root drive of the server or PC. You can have up to three layers of sub-folders if you desire. Share the folder to Everyone: full control, and also in the Security tab (Win7/Server2008): Everyone: full control.
It's not a fully qualified path.
It should look like this: Shared Folder\Subfolder1\Subfolder2Scans
Those names are arbitrary to help you understand the syntax. If you need the resulting scan folder to appear in a specific place for the enduser just create a shortcut.

Gathering information
You'll need the IP address of the recipient server/PC, the path we just defined, and the username & password to log into the recipient server/PC.
Hostnames can be used, but often are troublesome.

All the setup is in the addressbook. Open the web interface: IE > IP address on the address line > enter. It is not necessary to log in as an administrator to set up addressbook entries, so just select Public > Login
Select the orange mailbox silouette "Store Addresses" > New Registration > radio button for SMB > Enter name as you'd like it to appear on the screen > select the section of the alphabet that you'd like it to appear in > check Main to make it appear in Favorites > enter IP address of recipient server/PC > enter path as described above > enter username > enter password (I think it's there twice to confirm) > Submit.

I've made a few folders work without usernames/passwords, but have had greater success using them. Good Luck =^..^=

TheOwl
12-02-2011, 03:14 AM
In short, yes it will but it all depends on the setup of the server / storage device in the first place.

I have put plenty of these machines in and only ever had a couple of small issues because of network settings or folder permissions.

InternJ
12-05-2011, 10:30 PM
hey guys thanks very much for the response.

The site was down and couldn't read them until i got back .

thanks again

Custom Search