PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C220 Bypass Tray Sensing Problem.

Custom Search

AjitN
11-29-2011, 05:08 AM
Its All started with first side/second side image misregistration on Bizhub C220. There was a shift on 12 inch side, so just as a start manual bypass tray adjustment from service mode was performed. After this adjustment Auto Size Sensing of bypass tray sense 12*18 inch paper as A3 size only. Now 12*18 inch paper, customer has to pullout the paper and inserts it again for every job.
Somebody suggested to perform initialize & Clear All Data in Service mode. After performing Clear All Data, I had to restore many settings, which I have done. There is no change in Bypass Tray sensing & it still senses 12*18 inch paper as A3 only. One more problem started after performing Clear All Data that is machine red light is flashing and machine displays “ NO ANINATION GUIDE DATA AVAILABLE, CONTACT ADMINISTRATOR”. Red Light Flashing OR Display message is not much of a problem for machine operation but worst part is machine now displays all the toner as full even though Cyan & Yellow toner is almost empty.

Can somebody suggest me to resolve Bypass tray sensing and Animation Guide/Toner sensing problem?

Regards & Thanks
AjitN

mervyn
11-30-2011, 06:01 PM
You will need to download the animation data from kmbs tech database and reload it to the copier. You may also need to reload the firmware. If you are a konica minolta tech you will know where to find this , if not please dont ask me to send it , you would need to get a qualified tech to install it . You may also need to do a complete setup as if you were setting up a new machine .

SmellsHot
11-30-2011, 09:15 PM
12.4.20 Manual Bypass Tray AdjustmentA. Use
• To set the maximum width and the minimum width for the bypass paper width detectionresistor of the manual bypass guide.• Use when the bypass paper width detection resistor of the manual bypass guide hasbeen changed.• Use when a false paper size is displayed when the manual bypass is used.
B. Procedure
1. Call the Service Mode to the screen.
2. Touch these keys in this order: [Machine] → [Manual Bypass Tray Adjustment].
3. Touch [Max. Width].
4. Load the bypass tray with paper having a width of 297 mm.
5. Press the Start key and check that the results are [OK].
6. Touch [Min. Width.].
7. Load the bypass tray with paper having a width of 100 mm.
8. Press the Start key and check that the results are [OK].✽ Make the adjustment again if the results are [NG].

blackcat4866
11-30-2011, 11:46 PM
Yup. The Clear All Data just wiped out the audio and video files, creating a second much more labor intensive problem. The next time someone tells you to do an All Clear, you should think about this event.

"Hmmmm. I wonder if I might create a new much larger problem by doing an All Clear." I only had to do this once to learn.

Like mervyn suggested you'll have to re-load the audio and video files, then do a complete setup like it's a new machine. The manual covers this nicely.

Like SmellHot said, the manual tray adjustment is what you needed for the original problem.

I think the real lesson here is, not all advice is good advice. =^..^=

JR2ALTA
12-01-2011, 12:11 AM
Maybe he worked on Kyoceras..format HDD, initialize all data, swap boards all day long...who cares! machine would power up and work, just need to tweak certain defaults back to preference.

Clear all data on a Konica is not worth doing ever, it will never fix anything.

blackcat4866
12-01-2011, 12:26 AM
Clear all data on a Konica is not worth doing ever, it will never fix anything.

I did it on a Canon, then spent the next two days trying to get back to just the one initial problem. =^..^=

Darren King
12-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Also make sure the bypass tray is selected in the auto tray selection setting in user mode.
Darren

AjitN
12-02-2011, 02:37 AM
Thanks everybody, I will try all.

Any comments for toner kevel being not sensed properly? Are we sure restoring Animation Guide data will resolve this problem?

Regards & thanks
Ajitn

blackcat4866
12-02-2011, 03:05 AM
Thanks everybody, I will try all.

Any comments for toner kevel being not sensed properly? Are we sure restoring Animation Guide data will resolve this problem?

Regards & thanks
Ajitn

Restoring the movie data will bring back the animated guidance messages, but is unrelated to your toner density problem. The Clear All Data wiped out the developer density reference value. When you re-set up the machine you will re-establish the toner density reference values.

My only concern is that those reference values may be useless. You have to replace one or more developing units. =^..^=

AjitN
12-02-2011, 04:56 AM
Restoring the movie data will bring back the animated guidance messages, but is unrelated to your toner density problem. The Clear All Data wiped out the developer density reference value. When you re-set up the machine you will re-establish the toner density reference values.

My only concern is that those reference values may be useless. You have to replace one or more developing units. =^..^=

Thanks for quick response
There is no toner density problem, it is toner level in toner cartridge sensing problem. Even though two toner cartridges are almost empty, machine is showing / sensing it as full (either in touch panel OR even in pagescope )
. I just want to know if I restore Animation data back, will toner % in toner cartridges will show correct values.
Regards & Thanks
Ajitn

Glaander
12-02-2011, 01:22 PM
First of all, did you set this machine up as new yourself? if yes, did you do the following

did you follow up the set up step by the manual?

on the machine is using KM toner or 3rd party? if 3rd party toner that might be why the problem on the toner level sensor not working.

Abrantes
05-03-2019, 09:18 PM
12.4.20 Manual Bypass Tray AdjustmentA. Use

• To set the maximum width and the minimum width for the bypass paper width detectionresistor of the manual bypass guide.• Use when the bypass paper width detection resistor of the manual bypass guide hasbeen changed.• Use when a false paper size is displayed when the manual bypass is used.

B. Procedure

Call the Service Mode to the screen.

Touch these keys in this order: [Machine] → [Manual Bypass Tray Adjustment].

Touch [Max. Width].

Load the bypass tray with paper having a width of 297 mm.

Press the Start key and check that the results are [OK].

Touch [Min. Width.].

Load the bypass tray with paper having a width of 100 mm.

Press the Start key and check that the results are [OK].
✽ Make the adjustment again if the results are [NG].

Thank you.
I had this no recognising SRA3 problem and found this tread before oppening my manual.
my mistake was trying to make the setup using an A4 (297 width) and "the mistake" A5 (1/2 A4) for smal width
the information about 100mm minimum width saved a trip to my car.

Custom Search