PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 6501 - Enable disabled tray

Custom Search

shaodome
12-01-2011, 09:55 PM
So we had a jam today that caused the machine to take tray 1 offline. It has since been cleared.

I don't know what SW switch setting it is to turn it back on. Please advise :o

SPBE
12-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Make sure there is no paper stuck behind the tray.

shaodome
12-01-2011, 10:08 PM
The jam is totally clear. There was an error on the machine (forgot to write down) that stated it could take the affected tray (tray 1) offline and return the machine to operating status again.

bizhub1
12-02-2011, 02:04 AM
If the tray is disabled, greyed out on the panel, you have to change softswitch 18-0 from a 1 to a 0

Coptech
12-02-2011, 02:33 AM
I was going to say that the way I remembred it was ny the service code. A tray lift code was 18-xx depending on the tray that had the trouble. You used switch 18-xx to turn whichever tray back on.

1stcavvet
06-11-2015, 01:31 PM
I have this problem with hi cap drawer #5, the customer open it and said he heard it slam. now it won't work--no lift---How do I go about turning it back on? do I have to go in to service mode? stop, 00 stop? please let me know Thanks

dljorg
12-07-2015, 03:07 PM
Two questions here:
Is tray 5 grayed out on the op panel so that if you tried to say copy from there it could not be selected? If that is true then the machine may have disabled the tray by turning off a DIP switch. Switch 21-5 controls tray 5 and is normally at zero, one means disabled. Changing the switch will enable the tray but if there is something else wrong you will get the code for that.

You stated that the customer heard the tray bang down after it was closed. Assuming that the tray is NOT grayed out on the panel but just will not raise up there is a good chance that the pickup roller mechanism has popped a gear tooth. What this does is block the tray up sensor so the machine thinks the tray is already up. Compare the position of the pickup roller for tray 4 (assuming it is working normally) with tray 5 with the drawer pulled out and the paper stack down. Normally the pickup roller is a bit below the horizontal in relation to the feed roller. If it is even or a bit above use a small screwdriver to move the gears of the pickup roller lift mechanism one tooth. Stick the driver in the gear mesh and push down on the handle to move the top gear up one click. This unblocks the tray up sensor and magically it starts to work again.

1stcavvet
12-07-2015, 07:00 PM
Already fixed it it was the sensor and the catch mechinism in the back top corner of the drawer Thanks anyway Have a good Christmas

Custom Search