PDA

View Full Version : df 75 error 440/450 communication

Custom Search

dickierock
12-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Hi all,back with another weird one,
Have a df75 booklet finisher with attachment kit ra1 which was originally connected to a utax 1040 (km4035).
Now I needed to switch the finisher to a second 1040 and then I get error code 440 0r 450 which is communication problem with the finisher.
I've seen these errors before when the finisher is not the right type for the machine but here is the problem I am having.
1.They first and the second machines are identical. utax 1040
2.They are both "bam" machines i.e. they have the power button on the op panel.
3. The serial numbers are only three digits apart i.e. ending in "470" and "473"
4. The firmware is identical.
5. I have checked both maintenance reports to find any differences and adjusted accordingly.
6. Both machines have the same ram/memory.
7. The finisher works fine on the first machine but not on the second.
8. I have tried a finisher on a third machine and the machine errors also.
I cannot get this finisher to work only on the original machine,so Im not sure why,maybe something Im not seeing,only have the one of these and if its not working soon im gonna make that zero!:D
If anyone can shed some light Id be grateful.

KyoCaptive
12-05-2011, 08:31 PM
In order for the DF-75 to work an additional PWB is attached to the MFP called the IPC PWB. This IPC PWB plugs into the Main PCB of the MFP. I suspect that this PWB is in the original MFP and has not been moved to the second unit you are trying to use. This would produce communication errors, so make sure the IPC PWB follows to the MFP you are installing the finisher to.

dickierock
12-06-2011, 05:20 PM
Hi Kyocaptive,that would make a whole lot of sense considering,never had that issue before,I will check as soon as I get back to the customers tomorrow.Do you know by chance will the df75 work with a "non bam" d400 / km4035?? I know the main pcb's are different but maybe the finisher will work with both?
Many thanks for the input.;)

KyoCaptive
12-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Hey dickierock, I don't know the answer to your compatibility question. I am strickly a Kyocera man. Until recently I didn't even know Kyoceras were marketed under the name Utax.

Custom Search