PDA

View Full Version : Error Code c6501

Custom Search

eifling
12-03-2011, 01:06 AM
Got a machine that will not print any cyan. I've checked the drums, corona, etc and found no problem. Swapped drums and corona around. Even swapped cyan's developer housing with magenta's. Still nothing would come out from that developer housing slot. Could it be something with the imaging for that color?

ni311
12-04-2011, 11:42 AM
1. Try to print test pages from Service mode with cyan.
2. Check the connection between machine and controller.
3. try to print internal pages from the controller.
4. swap the print head unit with any other color except black.

brij
12-04-2011, 01:38 PM
It's been a while now I have not worked on that but check the drive for cyan dev. Is it through a clutch ??

RRodgers
12-05-2011, 12:23 AM
It's been a while now I have not worked on that but check the drive for cyan dev. Is it through a clutch ?? I believe its direct drive. I've seen the gears get stripped out on the dev units. So that probably what is is, but it "should" throw a 45-20 if that was the case.

ni311
12-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Most probably it is a bad connection between controller and machine. In other case, you should get a lot of error codes.

eifling
12-08-2011, 04:26 AM
Been busy, sorry for so long to reply, but it turned out the one for the cyan roller inside the transfer was cracked. This caused the roller to not make contact with the inside of the transfer belt thus no color. Would have thought it would have thrown a code when it could not do color registration.

Custom Search