PDA

View Full Version : Magicolor 1690mf Fuser

Custom Search

blackcat4866
12-06-2011, 01:33 AM
This seems pretty simple, yet I cannot get a definitive answer.

I've got two magicolor 1690mf:
One with duplex option, manufacture date November 2009
One without duplex option, manufacture date March 2009

The second one has a good fuser, so I take the good fuser and install it in the first one.
Then no paper will pass. So I compare, and the fusers have different style exit guides. Seems simple enough: swap guides.
Still no paper will pass. It's not just the guides. The whole one side of the fuser has different fins, guides, etc.

But it's the same model, right? The newer one has a purple sticker on the right side, possibly denoting a version change?
Then I thought maybe the duplex option kit might include a different fuser, since the exit guide on the fuser mates with the duplex entrance guide.
Nope. The kit only includes the duplexer, no fuser.
What if there was a different fuser for duplex, and a different fuser for simplex? Nope. Just one supply number: A12J012

I'd like to order the right fuser the first time, but cannot get confirmation which fuser is which number. Any clues? =^..^=

mo0651
12-06-2011, 02:18 PM
I know the fuser for the 1650 is different and has different guides. The 1690 has guides that curve toward the front sharply. make sure you dont have one for the 1650. The duplexer just hangs on the back. I bet you already tried reseating the duplex.

blackcat4866
12-07-2011, 01:31 AM
I know the fuser for the 1650 is different and has different guides.... make sure you don't have one for the 1650...

The number is only one digit different for the printer version (A12J011). Could be ...

... The 1690 has guides that curve toward the front sharply... The duplexer just hangs on the back. I bet you already tried reseating the duplex.

I noticed that. And the fins are considerably taller. Yeah, tried re-seating the duplexer. It only really fits one way.
Machine #2 was from the scrapyard and may not have the right parts. I think you hit on it. =^..^=

Custom Search