PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous c203 making noise

Custom Search

bkamoga
12-06-2011, 11:23 AM
hullo l have a machine c203 it is making noise from the tonner hopper area
and l want to open it but its hard any help becz the srvice manual does not have it
it explained
thaks

big jase
12-06-2011, 09:41 PM

its the gears that sit at 45 deg to each other on the transport drive section, you can trace from the rod that feeds from end on waste toner bottle page 43 of parts manual

Darren King
12-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Also, if you recently changed the transfer belt, make sure the the tape is removed from the waste toner port. It will cause a loud grinding noise if it is not removed before installation.
Hope this helps.
Darren

SmellsHot
12-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Is it a loud clicking like noise? If so...it's probably hard/clumpy toner stuck in auger section. A nightmare to get to.....sorry

emujo
12-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Yeah..KM quotes around 6 hours on this repair, but we have shaved about 1/2 that by just running a paper clip down the auger tubes to break up clumps, then a very slim vacuum tube to clean out the mess. I think that all the effort we are putting into the color mods..PPLM, IU Yield enhancements, etc is contributing to the problem, as now the color systems are sitting idle and unless color copies are made that plastic toner is just clumping up. Emujo

EarthKmTech
12-10-2011, 11:25 PM
I have seen a black plastic round disk with numbers etched into it come out of a toner bottle and jam up one of these hoppers. I suspect it's just a freak occurrence from the manufacturing of the toner cartridge.

In this case complete disassembly of the machine was required as it was jammed in there good and solid.

bseeley1844
12-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Have the machine in the shop with the toner pipe clogged. Struggling to clear it out with a paper clip. Also would rather replace the whole assembly to prevent it from possibly coming back does anyone have any tips getting this thing out?

emujo
12-29-2011, 09:50 PM
There are no "tips", even KM can't provide the instructions for removing this. You're best bet is to find a candidate MFP tp pull the assy from, and then start taking notes. This section was not designed for removal. Emujo

bseeley1844
12-29-2011, 09:55 PM
Thanks...Once I actually gave it a solid attempt to remove it I changed my mind :D.

Went back to the paper clip and eventually cleared it out. Good solution...

emujo
12-29-2011, 10:01 PM
We replaced one unit before we came up with the paper clip....NEVER AGAIN!!! There must have been 100 various parts laying around this thing..Did manage to get it back together though. Emujo

EarthKmTech
12-30-2011, 04:20 AM
How does this paper clip solution work?

From where do you insert it and do you simultaneously turn the gears at the same time?

rbaldwin
01-27-2012, 12:02 PM
Can please tell how use paperclip? is there a procedure? i have 2 machines with that problem. I looked waste toner pipe and it looks like you have to take the machine down to frame. Not a good idea in a customers office. So to unclog it do you start from the waste toner side?

scottybbb
02-28-2012, 12:05 AM
Would like to know the paper clip trick for this to.

Custom Search