PDA

View Full Version : C2101 code on C452.

Custom Search

minimerlin
12-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Anybody know how to stop the K Iu charge cleaner from running at startup? I have turned off the cleaning mode during copy run but every time the copier front door is cycled the motor runs. I am going to replace the drum unit to fix the C2101 code ( shaft for the cleaner is snapped) but would like the option to turn off for good this stupid unnecessary cleaning system! It must be hidden in the soft switches but I do not have a listing!:(

Darren King
12-07-2011, 04:18 PM
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but in my C452 service manual under "system 1" "charge CH cleaning" "K charge AC ON/OFF setting".
Page 540 in service manual.
Hope this helps.
Darren

habik
12-07-2011, 05:08 PM
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but in my C452 service manual under "system 1" "charge CH cleaning" "K charge AC ON/OFF setting".
Page 540 in service manual.
Hope this helps.
Darren

AGREE! I got it under 12.8.12 - Charging CH cleaning-Self-Cleaning

When ON it cleans every 2.7k sheets and OFF is OFF :)

emujo
12-07-2011, 06:14 PM
I've had 3-4 of these break at the auger drive gear...Service mode changes won't prevent the code in this case, you have to replace the drum unit. Emujo

minimerlin
12-07-2011, 09:13 PM
I've had 3-4 of these break at the auger drive gear...Service mode changes won't prevent the code in this case, you have to replace the drum unit. EmujoThanks to all that replied! I have replaced the drum unit today. I am still not sure why the machine insists on doing a pre-drive of the cleaner even with the tech mode cleaner turned off! I would have expected the unit to have been off in all modes so not need to replace the drum when the auger gear shears off! Still, I suppose that would mean no more drums bought!!

emujo
12-09-2011, 06:10 PM
Not 100% sure, but I believe at power up, it's just looking for home position, not cleaning (when cleaning is disabled). EMujo

minimerlin
12-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Not 100% sure, but I believe at power up, it's just looking for home position, not cleaning (when cleaning is disabled). EMujoThanks for the info, I will try to check that theory out the next visit and report back!
:cool:

EarthKmTech
03-28-2012, 11:38 PM
I have this exact issue now.

2 weeks ago, this error appeared. I went out on site and tested black drum charge cleaner back and forth in service mode about 10 times without fault.

I replaced the black drum anyway as it was near end of life.

I also disabled automatic black drum charge cleaning.

now its back in again with the same error, presumably because it could not find home position after waking from sleep mode.

I have ordered the cleaning motor and the front and rear photointeruptors, others who've had the error before tell me the next step is printer control board if it comes back again after those parts are changed.

this machine is a C652DS, black drum that was in there 2 weeks ago was the original one if left the factory with, its not a heavily used machine.

minimerlin
03-29-2012, 08:23 PM
To update my problem (with this code)..well it has not come back...yet! The machine has only had a call for creasing A3 from the top tray, that turned out to be a bent guide plate in the take up area. It is set to go into sleep mode and as yet is still on the drum unit that I fitted.:cool:

EarthKmTech
03-29-2012, 10:30 PM
I have the motor, both photointeruptors and the printer control board waiting for me this morning.

going to try the motor and sensors first and see what happens.

it again when tested yesterday worked perfectly for me about 10 times.

I think i know what the problem is, as i was able to make it error.

i removed the drum cartridge and manually wound the cleaner back all the way to its stop position and reinserted the cartridge. error-ed straight away. It would appear the home position sensor isnt quite all the way at home as the cleaner can go back a bit further and pass it/unblock it. Naturally the machine is going to think the cleaner is in the middle and try wind it backwards and that aint gonna work so bang, c2101. Perhaps the solution is as simple as a phyical adjustment of the rear home position sensor mounting or a redesign of the length of the detection actuator on the drum cart. If i fix it today I'll raise an escalation.

the blocked/unblocked status was verified in sensor check to prove my theory when manually winding the cleaner all the way back.

about HALF our machines have the lower shoulder screw inserted into the dev unit locking it in + the drum cart shoulder screw, the rest only have the shoulder screw in the drum cart locking it in. This machine has both - is the lower one supposed to be there ? Maybe the black drum/dev unit is being pushed in too far/canted..

chenarnaz
05-04-2012, 07:07 PM
hi
i need to service manual bizhub c452
If possible, please email me

chenarnaz@gmail.com

habik
05-04-2012, 07:22 PM
hi
i need to service manual bizhub c452
If possible, please email me

chenarnaz@gmail.com