PDA

View Full Version : Negatives of TWAIN scans

Custom Search

blackcat4866
12-07-2011, 02:02 AM
On a bizhub C220. It's a strange one and I don't expect any patented answers, but I'll throw in as many details as I can remember.

Negative images of scans, only on TWAIN scans, grayscale, 300dpi, TIFF file type, to a proprietary middle software called V-channel, then on to a proprietary back end called "The Agency Manager" provided by Applied Systems.

V-channel will only accept 300dpi TIFFs, so there's no experimenting there. I'm curious what a color scan would look like ...
SMB scans and copies appear normally. Email and FTP scanning are not used here. I'd thought of TWAIN scanning to another TWAIN compatible application to see if it makes any difference, i.e. Microsoft Publisher.
The Ricoh scanner still seems to function normally.

If it makes any difference the OS is Server 2003, with Win7 clients.
The customer has been in contact with the application support, and so far has gotten nowhere.
With SMB functioning normally, I have a hard time believing that there is a hardware problem. More likely a conflict between the TWAIN driver and the proprietary software.

Any thoughts? =^..^=

mervyn
12-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Had this with an insurance company using twain scan to a propriatory package . They had to reverse the image in the package . It turned out to be a glitch in the package . Only problem we have had on this .

DallasTech
12-07-2011, 08:05 PM
Honestly, on these types of customers if you can scan to another software and the image looks fine, I would tell the customer that's all you can do. It's obviously a software issue on their side. It's impossible for the copier to be at fault if it scans to every other software without a problem. As long as firmware is up-to-date and they are using the latest TWAIN driver, you have done all you can do.

blackcat4866
12-08-2011, 12:34 AM
Thanks mervyn, DallasTech. That's what I thought.

I'm going to load a TWAIN driver to my laptop, and scan to Publisher. If it works normally, that's as much as I can do.
Thanks for taking the time to respond. =^..^=

blackcat4866
12-14-2011, 09:40 PM
I've got a few more tidbits, but don't think I'm really any closer to an answer:

Color scans are not allowed, so no experimenting there.

The Ricoh that they've been using up to now had the same problem in the beginning with negative scans. What they had ended up doing was changing the Area settings. When the Ricoh TWAIN driver comes up you can see that the following settings are changed:
x-shift: 81
y-shift: 0
width: 216 (mm)
length: 279 (mm)
When the Konica Minolta TWAIN driver comes up you can select the Area Tab, and see these same adjustments, but they're grayed out and cannot be changed. I was hoping if I checked every box I would eventually be able to set these values, but no such luck.

IFAIK there is no other way to set these TWAIN scan values. Am I missing something? =^..^=

blackcat4866
12-17-2011, 01:40 AM
I'm sure glad to have support here. The hotline is still thinking about it, for a week. =^..^=

Custom Search