PDA

View Full Version : DI550 Firmware Upgrade (Final)

Custom Search

sthamel
12-08-2011, 01:45 AM
I am searching for the final firmware for the Konica Minolta Di550 and the PCMCIA card(s) needed to update the firmware. My unit seems to have a PCMCIA slot only on the A board and no others boards (that I can seE). I would think its still practical to update its firmware alone, if necessary.

PCMCIA cards are easy to get off ebay, provided I know the type/voltage/memory. Old PCMCIA cards were somewhat varied at the time.

Tinkering around, I have upgraded the Pi5501 and can use the device as a printer, and manage it via web-browser. Added memory to the unit. Now, would like to get a final firmware into her. Thanks for any help you can provide.

EarthKmTech
12-10-2011, 10:35 PM
KM list 2 different part numbers for the flash cards for use on these machines.

4002-0752-01
4002-0753-01

In the unlikely event these are still available via spare parts they may not be that expensive..

sthamel
12-11-2011, 01:44 AM
Thanks... I am hoping the PCMCIA Flash memory of the era was somewhat standardized. The Minolta part itself doesn't seem easy to locate, but ebay has PCMCIA cards (8Mb). Here's a pic:

Does anyone have the (3) or so flash files for the DI550. If someone could PM me, I would appreciate it. I think there is one for each board inside the main copier. I am hoping I can copy the file and flash each sub-board of the unit one-by-one. Any info would be appreciated.

Custom Search