PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Konica Minolta Di470 Jamming at first print after copier startup

Custom Search

Poch55
12-09-2011, 07:19 PM
I need help. Not sure what could be wrong with my Di470. At the beginning of every morning, when I print my first document, the printer notifies me of a jam. The paper is all in tact (not crunched into an accordian). I remove all of the paper along its path from beginning to end of path and after that it works fine for the majority of the day. Any ideas? I've had this printer for a year and this is the first problem I've had with it.

Not sure if this relates, but my print quality has taken a dump as well. Images of the previous print are showing up on the current print.

Hansoon
12-09-2011, 10:24 PM
The exit sensor located in the frame right above the exit rollers has a little foam patch on it. This patch becomes sticky and keeps the sensor flag from functioning well. Just remove the patch and remove the glue as well ofcourse.

Hans

nmfaxman
12-10-2011, 01:12 AM
A ghost image with jamming could be caused by the fuser not getting pressure.
You have heat otherwise you would get a code.
If the heat roller was just replaced it is easy to forget to release the pressure springs.
I ran into the sticky sensor yesterday and the paper did do a slight fan with a tack on the lead edge of the paper.
Look at the cleaning web. It will be almost black.

brent
12-19-2011, 12:52 AM
also. concerning copy quality. you have had the machine for a year. was it a refirb? or a good used machine from someone? obviously it wasn't new. as it is about 6 years old? anyways I would certainly be looking at the fuser for ghosting. is the web ran out? the di470 is a great machine. but in order for the quicker warm up time. they made a lighter upper fuser roller. and another heat lamp (3) in total. so the upper fuser rollers do not hold up as good as the previous di 450 550 ones did. I would be looking at that for sure.
as far as the first jam every day. I appreciate the comments. as I have a machine that does that from time to time. but I have about 50 of the di 470s out there. pretty good other then a few small glitches...

brent

907tec
12-19-2011, 07:30 PM
IIRC, there is a oneway gear located at the paper exit that can cause this. I believe if you open the upper left-side door, there is a small gear assembly that is mounted to the door. One of those gears on the door has a one-way bearing embedded that can cause similar issues: try removing and cleaning the gear and shaft. Had a really similar call at a library where the machine would jam first copy every morning... but work perfectly afterwards.

brent
12-19-2011, 09:09 PM
just for future calls sake. can we assume that the 1 way in the gear and also the exit switch in the copier have similar jamming issues? it would be nice to talk about it just a little more to see what each of the 2 parts will do. that make it jam. I don't know about everyone. but I read these posts and use them in the field pretty much religiously. and I really do appreciate that the things we discuss here. do in fact work.
thanks for some input on this particular issue.

brent

907tec
12-19-2011, 09:52 PM
I haven't seen the sensor issue, so I can't speak to that. When the door's oneway gear is slipping, it usually appears as a jam at fuser exit or in the vertical transport heading to the duplex entrance. Seems like the paper isn't usually damaged or accordion-folded, just gets delayed in the paper path.

brent
12-19-2011, 10:08 PM
that is what I have seen as well. stuck in the sets of exit rollers. or rather. just stopped there.

brent

Custom Search