PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C350 Network Issue

Custom Search

andya
12-09-2011, 10:16 PM
Hi everyone,

The company that I work for was given a Bizhub c350 a few months ago. Everything worked fine on it I had it networked with 5 different office computers. We really only use it as a network printer and a copier in the main office. I work at a ski area and due to our power draw we have power surges and such every so often. Anyway I came into work and most of our network was down. I was able to get everything up and working like normal except for the Bizhub c350. The Fiery controller keep restarting it never stayed up and running. So I took the Fiery unit off went into the service tech mode changed it to the normal system controller (Controller 3). I set the machine to a static IP, changed the gateway and such. The machine is holding the IP but I can not ping the machine at it static IP address. I checked the network cabling and still nothing. Is there another setting that I have to enable/disable to get it to revert network controls to the machine?

I am new to copiers but have spent several years in cabling and help desk work. Lastly is it possible that the hard drive on the Fiery unit may just be bad if so is it possible to obtain a iso of the programming and write it to a new hard drive?

The Fiery unit on the machine was a IC-401.

Thanks for the help,

Andy

RRodgers
12-10-2011, 01:19 AM
Tr controller 1 and not 3.

Chameleon
12-10-2011, 04:42 AM
It's common for a power loss or brownout to corrupt the Fiery system software. Reloading it should get you going again. There should be a 2 disk pack with the manuals that will say "system software".

Did you reboot the C350 after setting the static IP address or setting the controller to 3?

jummamaster
12-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Did you reboot the C350 after setting the static IP address or setting the controller to 3?
I think perhaps you have skipped this step. :)

Custom Search